Thread: Adobe Acrobat Error:"The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation."

Adobe Acrobat Error:"The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation."

Hello friends I have been through a real problem from a couple of days since I am able to either completely remove this Adobe Acrobat form my system nor am I able to completely install the same on my system. Whenever I try uninstalling the Adobe Acrobat since whenever I start my system I am always prompted with a error saying that there is an error with the Adobe Acrobat file. So due to this I have decided to remove the same from my system, but the problem is that whenever I try to uninstall it I am directed with an error saying that "The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation." So can someone tell what is the cause of it and how can I be able to get rid of this thing on my system.

Re: Adobe Acrobat Error:"The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation."

Hey friend first thing is that are you able to use the same Adobe Acrobat perfectly on your system or is that you are having some kind of problem with its usage. Also, if you really want to remove the software completely from the system and if you are getting this kind of error during the un-installation process that is you are not able to get rid of this software then, what I can suggest is that you should try downloading the new version of the same software and install it on your system, latter on when you are prompted that Adobe Acrobat is already there on your system then you must look to replace the same and go on installing the completely new version of the Abode software.

Re: Adobe Acrobat Error:"The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation."

Hey try uninstalling some different kind of software and see whether you are able to get rid of that one that whether or not you will be able to remove the same from your computer system using the add or remove programs through the control panel. If you are able to remove that one smoothly then it is certain that there is a problem with the Adobe file of yours maybe the uninstalling file of the software have gone missing. Also, if you are not able to get rid of the other file as well then you might have to login through as an administrator and then delete the same from your system

Hey dear friend try using the Windows Installer Clean Up Wizard and then see if you are able to wipe off this software completely from your system. You can easily get this software from the web and download the same free of cost and after the installation run the same to remove the selected items from your system. Also, there is a Disk Clean Up utility as well that can help you in deleting the same software, try this one out and then see what happens, I hope that this will surely be able to solve your issue.

Friend I would want to know that which way are you using to uninstall this software from the system, are you using the traditional control panel way that is using the Add and Remove Programs and then from the list you are removing the selected application which in your case is Adobe Acrobat. If you are trying this one then I would want to inform you that instead of removing the software through this, try uninstalling the software by going into the setup file of the same software and over their search for the uninstall file that will be along with various other file of the same software. Using that I think that you will be able to get rid of the software quickly.

Guys I have tried out various solutions for getting rid of this Adobe Acrobat and then also I am not able to get rid of this, I have tried using the Windows Disk Clean Up wizard and then also I was not able to remove the same, I was constantly prompted with a message saying that “The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation." Now the only thing that I don’t understand that I own a single computer and I am the only user so how can there be a admin for the same. If there is a way to get this out please mention in the post.

Hey you can try this approach and see if you are able to get this software uninstall from your system, For this first you have to run your system by logging as an administrator for this you will have to follow these steps.
    1. Click on Start menu and right-click on My Computer and select Manage.
    2. Tab to Local Users and Groups to select the Users list.
    3. Go to Properties by Right-click Administrator.
    4. Uncheck Account and Disabled and click OK.
    4. Now select the Switch Users option and then log on as administrator
    5. If you want you can even change the Password by clicking on Ctrl+Alt+Del .
    After this you will surely be able to get the software installed perfectly.