Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Error messages in Windows Vista

Windows Software

Old 28-02-2011

Error messages in Windows Vista

I have a dell laptop and it has vista. I think someone is using my laptop when im not around and did some searching online to find out what i could do. I discovered event viewer. The thing is i have a strange problem, i shut down last night around midnight (properly) and when i booted up this morning at 8.35 (it shows this) i discovered that even though my laptop has been switched off it reports 2 shutdowns, one at 7.50am and the other at 8.22am. There is nothing before these.

The first one says :The process Explorer.EXE has initiated the power off of computer DELL-PC on behalf of user Dell-PC\Dell for the following reason: Other (Unplanned)
Reason Code: 0x0
Shutdown Type: power off
Comment:
The second one says: The process C:\Windows\system32\winlogon.exe (DELL-PC) has initiated the power off of computer DELL-PC on behalf of user Dell-PC\Dell for the following reason: No title for this reason could be found
Reason Code: 0x500ff
Shutdown Type: power off
Comment:

after that at it says at 8.25 : DCOM started the service TrustedInstaller with arguments "" in order to run the server:

then at 8.25 it says: The Windows Modules Installer service entered the running state.

then at 8.27 it says : The Windows Update service entered the stopped state

then at 8.26 it says Automatic Updates is now paused.

then at 8.28 it says: The Group Policy Client service entered the stopped state

then at 8.33 it says The server {bla bla bla } did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

then at 8.35 The Desktop Window Manager Session Manager service entered the stopped state.

then at 8.35 The Plug and Play service entered the stopped state.
then at 8.41 The Event log service was stopped

My question is if noone was on my laptop what is going on?

I really know nothing about computers so if i am being dumb il appologise in advance but i just feel concerned my laptop is having this shutdown when its already off or meant to be. I know i shut it down properly, and on looking through there isnt any other mysterious times it has done this?

Please help!

Old 02-03-2011

Re: please help im not very technical!

This is seems to be some problem with the operating system (Windows Vista) that is installed in your computer and that is the reason that you are getting this problem. I think that you will have to do repair of operating system. If you want to do that than just boot from the OS CD and when that asks you for the type of installation then choose repair. This can solve the problem that you are facing with that. Thank you.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , ,