Thread: Windows 7 shows multiple copies of Kaspersky installed

Windows 7 shows multiple copies of Kaspersky installed

I am having some problem with my company’s Virtual Private Network (VPN).I have Kaspersky installed in my PC. The VPN includes a system scan when you start it up, and one of the components of the scan is that it checks to see if antivirus software is running or not. When I try to start it up, it claims that Kaspersky is disabled. Then I went into Windows to see whether Windows agrees with this assessment. There it tells me that there is more than one version of antivirus software running. I got a dialog that shows two instances of Kaspersky, one enabled and one disabled. I am thinking that maybe this second one is giving issues with my VPN. Please help me out with a solution on this.

Re: Windows 7 shows multiple copies of Kaspersky installed

Looking at your problem I feel that you must uninstall KAV 2010.Once you uninstall the KAV 2010 then you need to install the latest version of KAV 2011.You just need to visit the web-site of Kaspersky and need to install the latest version of the anti-virus. I am sure that this process will help you in getting rid of the problem that you are facing. Once you are done with the process then it will just show you one instance of Kaspersky in the dialog and this will be enabled properly.

I tried to check what the problem is but I didn’t get it once again. I had a look at the solution that you have provided me. But I have a query in that. Can you tell me how to uninstall the KAV? Please provide me with the solution for this as I don’t know how to uninstall the KAV. Once I’ll uninstall it then I can reinstall it by visiting the web site of Kaspersky. I hope that one I follow this steps then there would not be this problem of two instances of Kaspersky out of which one is enabled and the other one disabled.

I can provide you with the solution on how to uninstall the Kaspersky which is giving you so many problems. In order to remove the correct KAV among two you must go in the red K which will be present in the Task Bar. Once you select the red K in the task bar you need to select with a right click exit. Then from add remove programs you can proceed with the un installation of old KAV. While doing this you need to keep only the data that is active. Now reboot the PC and then start with the new installation process. I hope that with the new KAV this problem will be fixed.

I tried with the solution that was provided to me and it worked beautifully. To begin with I started with the process of un installation that has been mentioned in the solution. Once the old KAV got removed I started with the re installation process. And thus the problem was fixed. Now it doesn’t tell me that there is more than one version of antivirus software running. Even in the dialog box it shows that there is a single instance of Kaspersky which is enabled. Also the VPN is working fine. Thank you for providing me with the solution.