Thread: How to use Layers in Adobe Dreamweaver 8

How to use Layers in Adobe Dreamweaver 8

I am about to create one website for myself which would be containing an information about my business and my biography etc etc. I guess building website in the dreamweaver would be much easier but I am not so friendly with the adobe dreamweaver due to which I am not knowing much about it. For now, Can somebody tell me that what are the layers in dreamweaver and how can I use them? I have installed dreamweaver 8 on my windows 7 machine.

Re: How to use Layers in Adobe Dreamweaver 8

Layers are squares that you can place anywhere you want in the page, we can insert it into the HTML content. These layers can be hidden and overlap between them. This gives you a wide variety of design. The layers may be displaced from their positions by clicking on the white square in the direction of the window, and while holding the mouse button, dragging it to its new position. They can also be resized by clicking on the black squares and dragging until the desired size is reached. You can insert text, tables, images, Flash animations within the layer of space, and also all the elements an HTML file can contain.

The layers can be inserted into a page via the Insert menu, then selecting the option objects formed, and Layer. One time layer has been inserted, then you would be able to modify its attributes by just clicking on it. You can select layers by means of different ways. One of them is by clicking on the icon. It is not useful when there are many layers in the same folder because all layers have an associated image like this, and it is very easy to choose the bad. When there are numerous layers in the unchanged file, it is suggested to choose the Layers tab in the panel design, which would be capable of opening through the Window menu, then select Layer. If the Layers option is not on the menu, it can possibly be in the other options. Furthermore, it can be opened just by pressing F2. In the panel is the names of all layers in the current file, and you simply click on the layer name to select it.

The layer properties are displayed through the Properties Inspector. Here I have given you information about the same.

1. ID layer is the layer name. You can change it via the Layers panel by double-clicking it.
    2. G and S indicate the distance between pixels in the top left and the limits of the document and the layer.
    3. H and L indicate the width and height of the layer.
    4. Index Z is the depth of the layer. This value can be changed in the Layers panel. A layer can be overlapped with others. Check the Prevent duplication if you do not want to.
    5. Vis shows the initial view of the layer. Visibility can accept four types:

• Default (see Browser)
    • Inherit (the layer of the page currently displayed is displayed)
    • Visible (It shows that the layer is not considered)
    • Hidden (the layer is hidden).

You would be able to alter the view by using the Layers panel by clicking on the eye’s image. The open eye shows the Visibility, and Hidden would be indicated as closed eye. You can state an image or a background color for the layer. There would be one overflow control so whenever the browser exceeds the size of the layer then it shows there.

• Visible indicates that the layer would be amplified to make its content format.
    • Hidden specifies that the extra content will not be displayed in the browser.
    • Scroll specifies that the browser should add scrollbars layer even if they are needed or not.
    • Auto makes the browser display the scrollbar when it is needed (when the layer is contained greater than its limit).

Levels are very well suited for creating complex page layouts. A conversion of layers in tables is not possible if the converted document contains nested or overlapping levels.

1 Select Window> Layers to open the Layers palette.

2 Make sure that the check box is selected to prevent overlap.

3 Click in the document window of the document to enable the document.

4 Select Insert> Layer. A plane is inserted into the document.

5 Click in the table, General Object Palette button on the level of the draw.

6 Moves the pointer to the document window. The pointer is represented as a drawing tool. Pulls in the white space below the first level, the pointer to draw a new level.

Levels and you can select and edit the position or shape of your document change in levels.

1 Click on the part of the plane. The selected level pull handles are displayed:

2 If you want to change a plane the size, click on a pull handle the plane and pulls the pull handle, the level of the desired size has to.

3 To move it a plane with one of the following methods:

-> Use the arrow keys.
    -> Pressed Hold the Shift key and move the arrow keys to the plane by five pixels in the direction of the arrow.
    -> Click on the icon in the upper left corner of the plane and pulls the plane to the desired location.