Thread: TabProcGrowth registry entry

TabProcGrowth registry entry

I am having a desktop computer , I mostly prefer all the products that come from Microsoft , but I have got one question about the internet explorer Please tell me that can we have the functionality for the registry entry TabProcGrowth made more voluntarily obtainable for User selection as a Tab Browser Setting. Yes this is added enhancement request rather than a issue but a very significant one nonetheless.If that thing is not there with the IE8 can we at least ensure that it is there with Internet Explorer. Our users *require* to be able to assign this value <=1 and firing up Regedit is not the perfect interface.

Re: TabProcGrowth registry entry

Just been searching through a few of the available Internet Explorer 9 feature lists and haven't gone through a new user- friendly TabProcGrowth manipulation alternative yet :-( Anyone else seen one?Something I did observe though was argument of FireFox's go to Out of procedure Plugins (OOPP) a la mode de Chrome. Is there something on the cards WRT Internet Explorer and running plug-ins such as JAVA, Flash etc in a separate procedure?My particular requirement is the capability to share "static" JAVA class variables between Tab instances. Internet Explorer 8 broke this and I am expecting Internet Explorer will be more accommodating.

If someone's performance statistics say that every question should be striking with an answer then so be it, but my query/suggestion has *not* been answered. The entire LCIE thing is somebody's pride gone crazy and yet another answer looking for a problem :-(Please ask whoever at Microsoft to stop pouting and allow the user to turn OFF the functionality that no one needs!

Tab Process Growth assignss the rate at which Internet Explorer makes a New Tab processes. There are a few algorithms followed by Internet Explorer.of which I know a bit about context based
    1. Context-based: By default, the context-based algorithm is actually used and the curve is selected on the basis of the amount of physical memory on the system. In addition, the TabProcGrowth string registry value might be manually enforced to:
    • small: that has utmost 5 tab processes in a logon session, needs 15 tabs to obtain the 3rd tab process.
    • medium: that has utmost 9 tab processes in a logon session, needs 17 tabs to obtain the 3rd tab process .
    • large : that has utmost 16 tab processes in a logon session, needs 21 tabs to obtain the 3rd tab process.