Thread: Trying to put a song from iTunes to Garmin GPS device but says it is invisible.

Trying to put a song from iTunes to Garmin GPS device but says it is invisible.

I use iTunes often to listen to my music. I have a Garmin GPS device as well along with me. Now I am facing with some problem that I have not come across before. When I am trying to put a song from iTunes to my Garmin GPS device I get some pop-up message. The pop-up window says that the item cannot be replaced as it is invisible. I don’t know how it became invisible. The songs get played properly in my music folder or iTunes. Does any one know the solution for this? How can I make them visible?

Re: Trying to put a song from iTunes to Garmin GPS device but says it is invisible.

I had a look at your problem and I feel that you need to remove the invisible fill in the directory where you want to copy those songs. I am sure if you do that then it will work. You just need to follow some steps for it. You need to first open the terminal and then navigate to the directory to where you want to copy the file. Then you need to type ’cd’. Then just drag the folder to were you need to put the file into the terminal. After that type ‘rm’ followed by File name.ext.Finally hit enter and that’s it. You now will be able to copy that file now.

Re: Trying to put a song from iTunes to Garmin GPS device but says it is invisible.

I started with what you had said. I began to removing the invisible fill in the directory where I want to copy those songs. I started to open the terminal and then went on to the directory file where I need to copy the file. But after that I got stuck and I am not able to go forward. Sorry to say but it is a bit difficult to understand the solution you have provided. So I would request you to just elaborate few points that you have mentioned so that it will be better for me to understand and later implement.

Ok I can help you in that. What you need to do is you have to open your source folder. Then open the destination folder where you want to copy the files. Now keep both the folders open. After that open the terminal and type ‘cd’ which means change directory. Then you need to drag the destination folder which will paste the path in terminal. Now the ‘rm ’that is remove which should be followed by the file name that says invisible. This will remove the invisible file. Now drag the files you want to copy from the source to the destination folder. Finally it will copy the file and everything will be fine.

Thank you for your prompt reply. I was looking for the solution which I got finally. I followed the same steps which were mentioned and it helped me a lot. This description was better that the previous one. Now there is no issue with the invisible file and all the files gets properly copied to the destination folder. Also I would say that if anyone has similar problem then do follow the same steps that have been mentioned here. I would like to thank you again for the solution that you have provided me.