Thread: Error extracting wii iso file ‘file may be corrupt’

Error extracting wii iso file ‘file may be corrupt’

I am unable to figure out from where I am having issue. Well I have downloaded some torrents file from and attempted to extract using Winrar and unfortunately it took around 12 hours to do the same. I am getting error message file may be corrupt when I am trying to open the file hence I have again tried to extract the file. But this issue is not getting resolved. Any suggestion to fix the matter will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Error extracting wii iso file ‘file may be corrupt’

Well the information which you have provided in your thread is very less to figure out the root cause of the problem. First of let me know the system specification of your computer. I mean I want to know hardware and software configuration of the computer of yours. Also let me know where you are trying to extracting all the files using Winrar. I am asking the best question to you. If you are going to put on the hard disk then why are you trying to unpacking it. You can simply place the files on the disk without extracting with using Winrar.

Let me know whether there is any bad sector on the computer of yours? Also tell me whether you are using external hard disk? You need to check whether there is any bad sector on your disk. Also see that there is anything flaws on Archive which you are using for extracting of the file. If you don’t found anything wrong with archive then I am sure that there is something wrong with system itself. In that particular situation you need to run some diagnostic tools to identify the flaw on the computer of yours.

In this particular situation I suspect that some of the file is corrupted and you need to download again on the computer. Well you can identify the corrupted file by doing test using Winrar. You can use the following instruction to do the same.
    • You have to launch winrar archive and click on test archive.
    • You might need to wait for several minutes until log file is generated. You have to read log which provided in to pop up windows to find out corrupted archive file.
    • Once you have identified you need to download and install the file.
    • I am hoping that it will help you to fix the problem.

You can use the following instruction in order to open corrupted file by using Winrar. In this situation we are going to repair corrupted file.
    • I assume that you have already installed WinRAR on the computer of yours.
    • You have to click on Open Archive from the File menu. You have to click on Keep Broken Files checkbox to check.
    • Now click on Save Settings.
    • Finally you need to click on OK button to extract the corrupted RAR file.

Let me know whether there is .sgv file with the file which you have downloaded. For your information SFV files is specially used to check the integrity of the RAR file which are downloaded. If any file is corrupted due to some reason then you will not be able to open and extract the game using this particular application WinRAR. If you are trying to open 7zip file with using WinRAR then I recommend that you should 7zip form the internet and try to open the file after installing the same on the computer of yours.

You did not require to unrar file if you wanted to burn that file on any CD or DVD. Well for that particular purpose I recommend that you should download imgburn from the internet and install on the computer of yours. Now launch the application and go for write image file to disc and browse for the file. You have to set writing speed of 2X if you don’t do this then wii game won’t work at all. And click on the left side big picture to begin. Let me know if you are having any issue while doing this.