Thread: Why my ISO files are not stored in the root directory ?

Why my ISO files are not stored in the root directory ?

I am using DVD Shrink to make iso's from DVD's but there were a few issues in it , I was trying to do so but somehow it was not happening as I expected I have observed those ISO files which I was talking about are being stored in the VirtualStore folder. The file is all right and I can burn it back to DVD without any issues just weird how it doesn't store it in my root c:\ directory. Any suggestion why this is happening? Thanks in advance .

Re: Why my ISO files are not stored in the root directory ?

Can't you modify the storage directory path? Please let me know about that first , because I think you should change it as far as my knowledge is concerned , it seems that s a program trying storing the file someplace in the directory structure and it should not make any such attempts , where vista/7 will make an equivalent in the virtual store. So I willfirst of ask you to change the path in the directory , I you do not know please let me know about this issue .

Windows 7 has native support for burning an ISO file, maybe that's why it puts them in a virtual store. By the way you can't delete them to the recycle bin, only a permanent delete, by holding down the shift key.I had the exact similar issue. I could not even notice my ISO files, it was as if they vanished. I only could locate them so what I did , I actually disabled the iso mounting application in device manager and once I had done that I had made some changes in the setting explorer to display all files including hidden OS files. They I found a lot of ISOs consuming a lot of space. I will also recommend you to disable that win 7 feature.

Windows 7 has native support for burning an ISO file, perhaps that's why it places them in a virtual store. By the way you can't remove them to the recycle bin, just a permanent delete, by pressing down the shift key. One of my friend could not get the resolution after following this So Could I please kindly ask that you assist me ? I require to learn how to disable the iso mounting application so that I can remove about 365GB of virtualstore garbage that I can't even observe.