Thread: Rainbow wheel of death on launch of iTunes

Rainbow wheel of death on launch of iTunes

I've a moment ago observed that my iTunes during startup shows a rainbow wheel of death and continually happening. Finally it appears to set off away and I can again utilize iTunes however there's got to be a manner to repair it. It shows just the first time when I launch it. If I close and open it again then there is no issue. I have repaired my Disk Permissions, deleting the iTunes.plist inside user preferences and picking my library over again during startup of iTunes. It didn’t help at all. I didn’t get any reason for this death screen. However I assume that there might be a fix for this issue somehow.

Re: Rainbow wheel of death on launch of iTunes

Do you maintain your documents nearby or on an external hard disk or storage media? If local, what's the whole capability of startup disk and how much room is left in that? What you have to do is, first completely remove the iTunes from the computer. After the reboot the system and re-install it by the use of standalone installer. You can get this standalone installed in apple official website. This installation will not affect your storage or any kind of media files.

It seems to me that your system is affecting the iTune application. What kind of OS you are using in your computer? You need to check the iTunes while booting the computer in Safe mode. From this also you get Rainbow wheel of death, I think that you need to remove the iTunes from the computer. Once removed. Run the Windows update. Once it completes, again install the iTunes either from internet or from any source. If any of the files has been missing in Windows then the update will download and helps the iTunes to run proper. The files I am talking about are .dll files which are mainly related to system.

Make sure that you have installed the compatible or well-matched version of iTunes installed in your computer. No matter what Windows OS system you use, you might have seen about the 32 bit and the 64bit version of OS. Some version of iTunes is not compatible with one of them. If so then you will probably get this kind of issue. Furthermore see if you have the most up-to-date video driver updates for your system and installed components as well as Stock. For example, video driver software updates present enhanced edition frequently graphics performance for your computer.

Some peoples using computers containing NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA (SATA) controllers might experience unexpected behavior when playing videos in iTunes on Windows from a SATA hard drive. iTunes unexpectedly quit or the computer may become unresponsive or unexpectedly reboot or show a blue screen. Standard IDE hard disks are unaffected by this issue. If your computer contains a standard IDE hard disk, you can copy your video files to disk and play those copies of the files in iTunes or QuickTime Player.

I think that the issue about the Rainbow screen of death of iTunes may be due to the low level graphics settings in your computer. If your computer graphics settings are very low or average level then death screen issue are normal for such apps. So you need to accomplish following things in your computer:
    • Increase Display Color Quality.
    • Disable Direct3D video acceleration in QuickTime.
    • Disable DirectX
    • Modify your System Drive Configuration
    • Disable ReadyBoost on Flash-Based Drives