Thread: iTunes won't start but running in the Task Manager

iTunes won't start but running in the Task Manager

I have installed the iTunes for the foremost time inside my HP Pavilion DV6 Notebook. I then double clicked the desktop icon (shortcut) but I did not observe whichever reaction. I waited a bit, but without success. I afterward opened the Windows Task Manager and noticed that iTunes is running. The problem here is that iTunes appear to be running but it does not turn up for exploit. I then connected one my idevice hoping that it will bring up the iTunes but no joy at all.
    • Computer Model: HP Pavilion DV6 Notebook PC
    • iTunes Version: iTunes 10.1.1
    • RAM: 2GB
    • HDD: 160GB

Can anybody tell what is wrong with this thing?

Re: iTunes won't start but running in the Task Manager

I think that the version of itunes which you have installed in your computer does not compatible with the Windows 7 professional edition. As you know that you are using the latest edition. There might be some kind of bug which is causing this error. If the installation process has not been occurred properly then it will obviously going to suspend the iTunes but remains working in the back ground. So what you have to do is just manually end the Task of Itunes.ese in Task manager and then go to the folder where the iTunes files have installed. Now directly run from there. I hope that this time it will show up.

If it runs as a process in Task Manager, then the program is probably already started and runs in the background. I suspect the iTunes Helper, which runs by default automatically each system start and provides for updates etc., could be the problem. Just try the following:
    • Open the Run window [Windows Key] + [R]
    • Type msconfig and press [Enter]
    • Go in the window on the "Startup"
    • Uncheck the checkbox "iTunes Helper"

First of all make sure that you have downloaded the accurate version ITunes for Windows 7 version i.e. 32 bit or 64 bit. If the current iTunes version is not compatible with your Windows then it might not be possible to work with it. The antivirus program installed on your computer might be blocking the iTunes operation. As you know some antivirus program have application filter as well as parental control. If these 2 features are strong enough in AV, then it might be blocking the iTune’s process. So minimize the level of application level filtering in AV and then try it. Otherwise try by disabling the AV software.

Have you done the recovery of your computer (System Restore)? If not, try once to activate the account control, if it is disabled if it might work then. Get yourself a program called CCleaner and run in your computer hoping there is nothing wrong in it. If possible get a good registry cleaner and clean the corrupted registry files or keys. Now uninstall the all Apple software from your computer. No matter what thing related to apple, just uninstall it. Now restart the computer and clean with CCleaner. After the completion of cleaning process, reboot the computer and re-install recommended Apple software.

My opinion is that I didn’t get any of such problems on my computer regarding the iTunes. Because my PC is perfectly compatible with it. Thought the issue seems to me that it has somewhat related to the system or operating system itself. It is not about the version of iTunes you are using. Some of the DLL files might be missing from the system folder and due to this it is just not responding. It may be also possible that those DLL files failed to install in your computer. So you need to get those files and save it into the particular folder. Then only it can work. For the list of dll file you need to Google now.