Thread: How do I stop idle scan in KIS 2011

How do I stop idle scan in KIS 2011

I am using the Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 installed in my computer. I have observed that it keeps on scanning my computer all the times. Because of that the performance of my computer is reduced to a great extends. Now I want to disable this idle scan feature from my computer but I don’t know that how can I do that. I have tried to do that but not got the settings to do that. If you are also using the same and know that how can it be done then please let me know about that. Thank you so much.

Re: How do I stop idle scan in KIS 2011

I think that you have not seen in the settings section of the antivirus properly. If you open the setting and select the scan settings then you will get the checkbox for the idle scanning. If you don’t want to use that (as you told) then you can simply uncheck that box and save the changes. Now this will not scan your computer unless you ask it to do that. It will definitely speed up the processing of the computer but it will raise the risk of the virus attack on your computer. So do it on your own risk.

If you are talking regarding the generally Scanned counter within the lower right of the GUI then I would like to tell you that this number stand for the whole number of files that is scanned since a result of real-time guard. As you open, close, save, etc. These files are for malware. This is a main part of the anti-virus and is your main protection that you would not desire to discontinue. The number must not be rising continually but simply as you open, close, save, otherwise run a scan of a few types. Display the GUI as well as open a program otherwise document. You must perceive the number boost somewhat that indicates the real-time protection characteristic.

This should be under the settings section of the antivirus but I am not able to understand that, why you are not get that. But if you want to know the exact place that where this settings resides then you can contact the Kaspesky support and ask the question to them. They know the exact setting that you need to do in order to disable the idle scan of the antivirus. A.lso if you get the answer then please post that over here so that it will be helpful to all other users who are searching for the same.