Thread: Cannot install Intel Matrix Storage Manager

Cannot install Intel Matrix Storage Manager

Hi all, I was trying to install the Intel Matrix Storage Manager but it was just the start of the installation and that aborted the installation process and shows me the message that says "this computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software". I am not able to understand that why that is showing me that problem? I would like to ask that if someone else over here is having the same problem and know the solution for this. I will appreciate each and every reply on this. Thank you so much in advance.

Re: Cannot install Intel Matrix Storage Manager

Are you confident your chipset have RAID Capabilty? Were you with the capacity of RAID in Windows Vista? Otherwise, assuming that the chipset actually has the ability to RAID, you have to clean the two units if you want to use RAID, and create a RAID array before you run the Windows Setup program - which requires at least two hard drives, connected to the controller of the same drive with RAID capability (But that is only if you have more than one controller that not all support RAID).

Your real chipset might or might not include RAID capability. This is ordinary by means of Intel chipsets. The bios Setup might have settings intended for RAID whether or not you include it, since the similar bios might be utilized for more than a few diverse but alike motherboards - they might be the same apart from for whether they contain the RAID capabilty otherwise not. If chipset does not really encompass RAID capability, you do not congregate the least requirements for using Matrix software to that cause.

Intel Matrix Storage Manager holds up a lot of operating systems as well as chipsets, making it an necessary tool to stop outages of dangerous systems, particularly for computers by means of a few years to counter them and are extremely responsive when you update the attributes.

Here are the chips that are supported:
    • Intel G33 Express Chipset
    • Intel P35 Express Chipset
    • Intel GM965 Express for laptop Mobile
    • Intel PM965 Express notebooks
    • Intel G965 Express Chipset
    • Intel P965 Express Chipset
    • Intel Q963 Express Chipset
    • Intel Q965 Express
    • Intel 5000P Chipset
    • Intel 5.000V
    • Intel 000X Chipset
    • Intel 975X Express Chipset
    • Intel 955X Express Chipset Family
    • Intel 945 Express Chipset Family
    • Intel 945 Express for mobile
    • Intel E7230, Family
    • Intel 915 Express Chipset
    • Intel 910GML Express for laptops

Are you sure that you require the Matrix Storage Manager to access the additional drives? I am asking this to you because Windows 7 have a general AHCI/SATA driver intended for Intel chipsets which offers the entire functionality of Intel-provided AHCI/SATA drivers. This comprises drive access, no impact toward I/O performance, and all that. So before installing that, you can also take a look at that and then take the decision.