Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Script based virus

Windows Software

Old 23-02-2011

Script based virus

After installing a new product in my laptop I scan my laptop for safety reason I did not get any of the virus detection at that particular time so I restarted my laptop, but I got an message stating that "C:/Windows/system32/cleanvirus.vbs not found?. I tried to install avast antivirus and it caught hold the virus ,the virus couldn?t be moved to quarantine so I deleted the virus, since then in all the icons on the desktop have a blue background should I format my laptop to overcome this icon problem or is there any trace of virus still present in my laptop it has also infected my USB and even I can't open Task manager.

Old 23-02-2011

Re: Script based virus

There is a way to remove the scripts I do tried many ways but these steps finally removed it.
  1. Click on start menu go to Run then type regedit as it is.
  2. Now registry editor window will open. Click on Edit then go to Find. Type cleanvirus.vbs in the search window.
  3. Carefully scan in search result for "nvirus.vbs". If it is not present in the result then press "next". Please note that it should be exactly matching. Delete the entry and close regedit.
  4. Now restart your computer. It will be OK now. Or you can also try with these simply restore your system to any previous date that was clean. To do that please does the following things
  5. Start -> Accessories -> System tools -> System restores. Select any date before when the system was properly maintained
Old 23-02-2011

I too had the same problem when I uninstall the previous antivirus and install the new one, Follow the steps that are given below as it is. First disable system restore.
  • You have to open task manager kill the procedure wscript.exe , dxdlg.exe.
  • Then Go to location "C:\Windows\System32" . If you locate any of these files similar to CleanVirus.vbs, dxdlg, and boot.vbs delete them. Note: Files are in hidden mode so go to folder options and select the option to show hidden files and folder.
  • Click on start go on run and click it. In the left side "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon ",on the right side you will find the file "Shell" and its value should be Explorer.exe if you find any value ahead of explorer.exe then double click on the file and delete it.
  • look for a file name "Userinit" and the value it contains is C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe, and if there is anything after "," then double click on the uerinit file and delete it.
  • Navigate to this location "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main".At the right side look for window title and start page files and delete it values by double clicking on it.
  • In Windows drive search boot.vbs, kinza.exe files and delete them.
  • After this download a uipdate version of antimalware from any trusted site and scan the whole site then restart ypur PC and do the system restore.
Old 23-02-2011

The problem may occur when using an internet connection as it may be transferred from it. In internet Explorer you can stop the scripting debugger by doing the following thing.
  • On the Tools menu click Internet Options.
  • Then on the advanced tab, click to select the Disable script debugging check box. And then click OK .To turn off notification about every script error in Internet Explorer 7, follow these steps:
  • On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
  • On the Advanced tab, click to clear the Display a notification about every script error check box, and then click OK.
  • Or you can do the following things. You can use another member account, browser, another computer to view the web page in these you will get to know the main factor for the script error, if the error exists then it may be due to the way the webpage is formed.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,