Thread: D drive is not appeared after window 7 installation

D drive is not appeared after window 7 installation

I have a computer with windows XP and 500 GB hard disk. This hard disk is partitioned it three drive namely C,D and E drives. Everything was working perfectly. Once I have installed windows 7 in my C drive. It working properly. Problem is, I am having drive C and E but drive D is not appeared, you can say partition D is missing. While installation of window 7 I have not touched the D and E drive. Any buddy help me to get D drive back. Any help would we appreciated.

Re: D drive is not appeared after window 7 installation

Hi friend I got your issue regarding the partition missing, I had once same problem like you.
    Follow this: Go to start you will see My computer icon right click on that create shortcut on desktop. Right click on My computer shortcut on desktop and then click Manage option. In the Management windows , click on storage option in left side then click on Disk management.
    Here you will able to see your drives there right click on your drive then click change drive letter and path. Change it to another letter than D and E and C.
    Go to My computer you can normally see you all the drives.
    this worked for my case, try this, It will helpful to you.

Hello friend, First of all I would like thank you for the for reading my problem and giving your suggestion. I would thank you from giving your precious time for me. As said I right clicked on the shortcut of My computer and then went to the Management option. I performed the Disk management on my drive but it does not show the drive. Only C and E drive appears. There is important data tin that drive dude. I am really worried. If you have any idea please let me know.

Hello friend you can try this also
    Check for TweakUI on your control panel, If it then open the My computer option and see drive currently check marked or not. Then go run from start and type diskmngt.msc. Disk manager window will open. Try to recognize drive letter and restart. See resource conflict in control panel>Hardware >device manager. You can see Icon itself in Windows Explorer but not in my computer. If you have updated the firmware you may have damaged the controller. Try this sure you will get the solution.

Thank you friend for your suggestion. I followed the instruction given by you . I succeeded in accessing my D drive. You have make me out of the problem once again I would like to thank you. I have taken back up of my all important data. I burnt all data into a disk. Now I m going to format this drive. I did not get the why does it happen. Where I had mistaken. I installed windows7 properly I not touched other drive.