Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Access old programs on new system

Windows Software

Old 21-02-2011

Access old programs on new system

My HP512 with Windows XP crashed, had most of my files backed up. I purchased a new HP with Windows 7. Have downloaded my files, but I had files that I used an old program for ie: My Mail List aka mml. I used this program for my mailing labels and address book. I no longer have the disc to install the program. What do I do to look at these files. The other problem is I had all my email contacts and saved emails in Microsoft Outlook. I didn't purchase Outlook for my new computer..how do I access my email contacts and emails? I don't quite understand .pst.

Old 22-02-2011

Re: New Computer.......old Programs

I don?t think that there is any way to install those programs again in your computer other than downloading the setup for them once again. Other than this as you told that you don?t understand the .pst then I would like to tell you that it stands for Personal Storage Table. It is the open proprietary file format. It is used for storing the copies of messages, calendar events and other items in Microsoft software for example Microsoft Exchange Client, Windows Messaging, and Microsoft Outlook. Microsoft controls the open format that gives free specifications as well as irrevocable technology licensing.
Old 22-02-2011

Re: New Computer.......old Programs

Thank-you for your help.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , , ,