Thread: How to recover a corrupt presentation file

How to recover a corrupt presentation file

I have created a project which is to be shown in my college for that i have created a presentation in PowerPoint 2007 and after a working for many hours two days ago i had completed my presentation. Before showing it in college i decided to show the same presentation to my elder brother. But today when i try to open the same PowerPoint presentation in Office 2007 it was not getting opened and at the same time i got an message as file is being corrupted. Can anyone help me or tell me how can i recover a corrupt presentation file, it very important because i don't have any backup of it and i recreating it will take along time.

Recover a Corrupt Microsoft Powerpoint File

If your Microsoft PowerPoint file is being corrupted then i would suggest you to first open Word and click on Office Button which is at the topmost left hand side. Then click on Files of Type which is at the right hand side and then select on Recover Text from Any File option. Now click on find and click on the PowerPoint file in the "Open" window, then click on Open option so that the file will open as text. Now you need to open PowerPoint 2007 and add send to PowerPoint to the Quick Access Toolbar by clicking the arrow at the end of the toolbar and selecting "Customize." After that you need to select Send to Microsoft Office PowerPoint from the list of commands and again click on add. Then, go back to the QAT toolbar and click "Send to Microsoft Office PowerPoint." Finally save the file again.

How to recover a corrupt presentation file

I have try to follow the above steps for recovering corrupt PowerPoint file but was not able to recover my file is there any other way to recover my files because it very important for me, does any one know of any software which can help to recover my corrupted files. Thanks in Advance.

Download Recover PowerPoint Tool

I was also facing such kind of issue where one of my ppt file got corrupted in that case i try to use Recover PowerPoint tool which is very good in maintaining slide sequence and formatting, recovers Master Slides, recovers fields including hyperlinks and at the end it also supports all versions of MS PowerPoint, such as PowerPoint 97, PowerPoint 2000, PowerPoint 2003, and PowerPoint XP. At the same time it is also user friendly interface, which does not require technical skills to operate. For downloading click here

Laren Guest

Re: How to recover a corrupt presentation file

Quote Originally Posted by Aspen View Post
    I have try to follow the above steps for recovering corrupt PowerPoint file but was not able to recover my file is there any other way to recover my files because it very important for me, does any one know of any software which can help to recover my corrupted files. Thanks in Advance.
    Well it is too late to reply out here, however i would want to suggest in case if someone comes across the same forum as i bumped into the same when googling for the solution . I also came across the same problem when i was trying to open my corrupted powerpoint file. Then i found lots of software on net but some sites which provides you free demo version of recovery software which i tried. And personally if i suggest you must use Stellar powerpoint repair software which provides you free demo version to show you all your all recoverable items in advance.