Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

HTPC operating system

Windows Software

Old 16-02-2011

question HTPC operating system

I am building a HTPC. I have a gygabit mb with a intel i3 processor and 4 gig of mem. Trying to find the best operating system for it. I have win. xp and linux ubuiti on it. The linux I can't seem to download and install anything on it. I am thinking about putting my windows 7 that is on my laptop on it. So the question is Which system works best?

Old 16-02-2011

Re: HTPC operating system

I would first of all tell you that you should not install linux for a HTPC, as it is still buggy and drivers are still an issue if you use newer model of sound cards or video cards. So, you can use Windows 7 with Media Center for a HTPC, which is no doubt the best Operating System for it. Compared to Windows XP and Vista, it is less resource hungry and faster and Windows 7 has also got a better interface and easy device compatibility.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,