Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Screensaver is not getting activated

Windows Software

Old 14-02-2011

Screensaver is not getting activated

In a PC network that I manage not activate ever sceen saver is set to 15 minutes with a mandatory domain gpo. All PCs on the network are subjected to this GPO and 15 minutes after the screen saver set to come in but the pc in question. The PC is a Win XP Pro SP3 . There is probably something that holds the active desktop? In active sync pc there may be this application? What would you suggest to check? Thanks

Old 14-02-2011

Re: Screensaver is not getting activated

Well, in that pc prepare and maintain a clean boot:
  • Start> Run, type: msconfig and enter.
  • Go to Start.
  • Remove all checkmarks not those of the antivirus and any antispyware real time.
  • Do not reboot.
  • Go to the Services section.
  • Put the checkmark to hide all Microsoft services (Caution, do not hide the services to change).
  • Disable all other less those related to antivirus and any antispyware real time.
  • Do not reboot.
  • Go to C: \ windows \ prefetch
  • Delete all files unless the file Layout.ini.
  • Go to C: \ windows \ temp
  • Delete all files deleted.
  • Control Panel> Internet Options, click Delete to clean up temporary and history.
  • By ok.
  • Empty trash.
  • Restart.
When you restart download Wise Registry Cleaner Free Portable do not use the version that you may already be installed on the system but always download the latest. Extract the file and launches or install it if you chose the version with the installer. Put all the ticks in the left window. Start scanning. Fix for the moment, all the green items. Restart. A warning appears on the start selective. Put the check mark to no longer display and ok.
Old 14-02-2011

If there is a process that retains activity in the system the screen saver will not start. It 's normal. But then I have disable activesync and everything else. Ok I can imagine that there is a program that keeps the screen saver active, I'd like to have a method for its detection. The network has almost 40 percent and that alone has the behavior shown. I would like to intervene in a targeted manner. Any advice?
Old 14-02-2011

Sorry for the delay. I turned off a number of active processes in system startup, I clean the IE cache and I set the minimum value 8 and 0 mega history, I must succeed in this setting, I have deleted the contents of the prefetch. Now the screen saver is activated. It was probably one of the startup processes probably related to the management of the mouse, I'm not sure why having little time I had a single intervention, not step by step. Sorry if I cannot be more specific in the resolution. But this is the way through which you will be able to get fix for your issue so if you want then you can for the same.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,