Thread: Desktop shortcuts and the menu both are not working

Desktop shortcuts and the menu both are not working

Hello in a laptop which is running on to the Windows XP Home SP2 will not work anymore links and menu items. The problem is the links to the executable (eg Word, Excel, Acrobat Reader, etc.) that the data files (for example to. Doc, Xls, Pdf, etc). When I click on the menu then I find out that it does not function and same with the double click on the desktop. But if I click with the text right on the link and choose "Open" is fine. So to fix this I have did these things:
    • Search for and Remove any Malware (without finding anything particularly serious);
    • Upgrading to Windows Sp3;
    • Download and install all updates to Windows;
    • scf / scannow,
    • Removing and restoring (copying from a Windows XP Home Sp3 working) the registry entry HKCR \. Lnk;

Regarding the latter test (the log) if the gate key and the amount of good links work fine but I lose the icon. The next time you restart, the icon reappears and hyperlink no longer work. Thanks in advance for any help.

Re: Desktop shortcuts and the menu both are not working

Download the registry editer. Zip file on your desktop, unpack and Merge. Open file to the registry by clicking it double times. Temporarily disable your antivirus and any other application antispyware / malware before launch. Reg Fix. While doing all this you have to care of that first in this, Incorrect changes to the Registry Editor or by using another method may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee the solution of problems that result from using Registry Editor. Modify the registry at your own risk.

With what you've had a scan for malware? And also in this first you test along with the Malicious Software Removal Tool from Microsoft, although I think now you have well corrupt the registry and then I advise you not to lose time to be there, and reinstall on. That's quicker to reinstall than cure. So this is what I have done in my case when I was going through the same issue and it fixes my issue I hope that it will also help you.

So in order to get rid from this issue I have also given you one attachment over here so in this you have to simply download it and after that unzip this file. And ya keep in mind that you have save it on to the desktop. And after unzipping it you have to install the file which is available in to it. And trough that you will be able to get your solution. So just go for it I am sure that you will get solution after trying the solution which is I have given you over here. I just want to wish you best of luck for this.
    Attached Files Attached Files