Thread: GoToMeeting Error: The installer could not locate a suitable folder

GoToMeeting Error: The installer could not locate a suitable folder

I am facing this Error "The installer could not locate a suitable folder to install into" at what time I attempt in addition to launch GoToMeeting. I have initiate answers ranging from registry alteration to uninstalling the Office 2003 I have running with my 2010. I do not know what I have to do to solve this issue so please tell me some suggestion. I am waiting for any reply. Can anybody assist?

Re: GoToMeeting Error: The installer could not locate a suitable folder

The problem appears to be associated to a Windows Security Update. After pressing the link to connect your meeting. Choose the choice to manually download the software as well as save the executable wherever you are able to locate it with no trouble. Most public prefer to save the file to their desktop. Next, you have to right press on the image as well as choose “Run As…” . Lastly, DESELECT the choice to “Protect my computer from unauthorized program activity.” as well as choose OK. You be supposed to be capable to attach into the meeting.

It appears as though the issue you are having is the "No appropriate folder problem". If this is right I may have a resolution for you. Most often this is a permissions problem that is caused through the User Account Control function of Windows 7 as well as Windows Vista. It is not a universal issue however it be able to occur depending on how your PC is set up. One alternative is to put out of action UAC, and you have to install GoToMeeting, as well as after that turn UAC back on. This will depart a resident duplicate on the system that the website is able to open each time you attempt to connect a session.

on the other hand there is a service that runs on the PC that you be able to start that as well appears to solve this problem with no requiring to disable UAC. If you open the Start Menu as well as provide Services in the search field at the bottom as well as click enter this is supposed to bring up the list of services on the PC. Go down the list until you find the Secondary Logon Service. If this is not running you may right press on it as well as choose Properties. If you place this service to start automatically it will run while the PC boots up. This be able to often solve the "No appropriate Folder" error, particularly on Windows 7 PCs.