Thread: How to take pictures during a Skype call

How to take pictures during a Skype call

Hi all, I am having Skype installed on my computer. My computer is running Windows XP in it. I can see that there is an option that says "take a snapshot" but it is only able to take the snapshot of the person to whom I am chatting but I want to take the picture of both the people. So if there is anyone who knows that how can I take the picture of both the people then please let me know that. I will be appreciating all the replies for this. Thank you very much in advance.

Re: How to take pictures during a Skype call

It is very easy to do that. You will just have to press the PrtScr button from your keyboard for the instance when you would like to take the picture of user (say when your friend is smiling). After that you will have to open any photo editing software say ms paint and paste that into that software. To do that you can directly press ctrl + V or you can go Edit > paste and that will past the picture in that. Now can cut resize the photo according to your need and save the photo where you want to save it. This is the only way that I say you right now.

OK, you can press the button "take a snapshot" that you have mentioned and this will save the picture in your computer. If you want to see those pictures again then you can go to User Name > Appdata > Roaming > Skype > Pictures. This step is for the Skype Beta which I am using and that is working fine for me. I don’t know that which Skype are you using but if you are using Skype Beta then this will definitely work for you.

There is one more thing that you can try to do is to record the entire screen while the Skype calls. To do that, you can make use of the CamStudio. There is free version of it available on internet. You can search and download that from google. After recording the chat, you can play that again and take the snapshot of that at the point where you want. I think that this is the best way to do that and I know that this is going to work for you.

I have a option by which you can capture a small pic of your from the webcam. Sign in skype and then look in Tools > options. In that you can find a video settings. In video settings find the option tab and you can see your image in the camera. This same option also supports multiple web-cameras. Adjust the settings and then click on change profile pic. You can capture the current image and you are are done. The same image can be then copy pasted from Skype folder - C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Skype\Pictures.

There is a option by which you can capture a snapshot from a video call in Skype. For that you need to click on Take Picture button on the existing screen. The picture one taken will be displayed automatically form the Snapshot gallery in Skype. You can use the left/right mouse button to scroll existing picture. Or else if you need more picture or long time recording you can try using any screen capture tool.