Thread: QuickTimePlayer BEX issue

john76t Guest

sad QuickTimePlayer BEX issue

Hi guys, i have a problem with the QuickTimePlayer application running (actually NOT running) in my pc.

I have Windows Vista Service Pack 2, 32-bit Operating System installed in my computer. I have downloaded the QuickTimePlayer version 7.68.75.0 and everytime i try to run it i get the following message:

Problem Event Name: BEX
    Application Name: QuickTimePlayer.exe
    Application Version: 7.68.75.0
    Application Timestamp: 4c87ca48
    Fault Module Name: QuickTimePlayer.dll
    Fault Module Version: 7.68.75.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4c87ca3f
    Exception Offset: 00005b6d
    Exception Code: c0000409
    Exception Data: 00000000
    OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: edb3
    Additional Information 2: bfc67dacbe518c879ad408b7972b1847
    Additional Information 3: 39d7
    Additional Information 4: 5378d9fb517c055645496d0086c949fe

I have tried to scan my computer with antiviruses in case it is about a Trojan or something of the like. I use Kaspersky, Spybot and i have also used several Registry Cleaners, such as RegCure, CleanMyPC Registry Cleaner etc.

I have also downloaded the subinacl.msi from Microsoft and i have succesfully performed the ''reset.cmd'' but QuickTimePlayer won't open

Could somebody give me a hint on this? It's driving me nuts

Thank you in advance

Re: QuickTimePlayer BEX issue

There are lots of reason behind then issue with the quick time player installation. The first one is related to the temp folder which you need to empty and then it might work with the Quick Time Player. Just go with the below given instruction and then see whether this is working with the issue or not.

1. Click on Start
    2. Click on Computer
    3. Open C Drive
    4. Go to User Folder
    5. Open the folder with the Username
    6. Click on Organize
    7. Click Folder the Search option
    8. Jump tp View Tab
    9. Select the option to "Show hidden files and folders."
    10. Click on OK
    11. Now you will AppData Folder, Open It
    12. Double-click the Local folder to open it.
    13. Right-click on the Temp folder and choose Delete.
    14. Click Yes if Prompted for User Permission
    15. Restart Computer

john76t Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bull50 View Post
    There are lots of reason behind then issue with the quick time player installation. The first one is related to the temp folder which you need to empty and then it might work with the Quick Time Player ...
    Hi, thank you for your reply. However, the problem is that there are certain files in the Temp folder that i'm not really sure whether i should delete, i.e Babylon file and TMP or CVR files. I'm not sure if Babylon for instance would work properly once i erase its files from the Temp folder. All the same i erased every file that had to do with the Quick time application and it still won't start

I have also noticed that Quick Time is not the only application having problems. There are times that Internet Explorer, Microsoft Office 2007 and my webcam, are crashing (report says APPCRASH). System reports StackHash issue which i also don't know how to resolve.

All these incidents make me think that my unit is affected by a virus but unfortunately Kaspersky and Spybot won't catch.

I would appreciate any suggestion at this point. I'm new to this site and i don't really know how to deal with issues of this kind. I'm not a computer's expert but i'm willing to learn.

Thank you

It is weird, but in any case can you tell us if QuickTime is currently showing as installed in your Uninstall and Change a program control panel? If QuickTime isn't installed (according to the control panel), then the QuickTime thingy showing in CleanUp is the likeliest culprit for the trouble. Try removing just that QuickTime entry using cleanup or else try uninstalling the QuickTime via the quicktime uninstaller (start/programs/quicktime/quicktime uninstaller),
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

john76t Guest

Quote Originally Posted by newtech View Post
    It is weird, but in any case can you tell us if QuickTime is currently showing as installed in your Uninstall and Change a program control panel? If QuickTime isn't installed (according to the control panel), then the QuickTime thingy showing in CleanUp is the likeliest culprit for the trouble. Try removing just that QuickTime entry using cleanup or else try uninstalling the QuickTime via the quicktime uninstaller (start/programs/quicktime/quicktime uninstaller),
    Sorry for the belated reply and thank you in advance for your answer to my help request. So, after some time i decided to uninstall Quick Time and see how it goes from there.

Although QuickTime is not appearing anymore in ''Programs and Features'' (uninstall or change programs on your computer) on Control Panel, and although i have repeatedly erased any QuickTime trace on Registry, i can still see the QuickTime icon (configures QuickTime software and hardware components) on Control Panel. When i click on it, it says: Windows host process (Rundll32) has stopped working ... check on line for a solution or close the program. Here are the details:

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: rundll32.exe
    Application Version: 6.0.6000.16386
    Application Timestamp: 4549b0e1
    Fault Module Name: QuickTime.cpl
    Fault Module Version: 6.5.1.17
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4075b358
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 00004652
    OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 4905
    Additional Information 2: 82af01827731cda222da06c770e22444
    Additional Information 3: 7023
    Additional Information 4: f60c52f285ca4d7eddb8014a5a559ace

Is there something i can do about it?

john76t Guest

Ok, so i found the solution to my problem: The fact is that i had forgotten there were 2 - not just one - user accounts on my computer. So after i uninstalled QuickTime i went to check the registry on both accounts. It turned out that although QuickTime files seemed to be deleted from the registry of one of the accounts, there were still a few left on the registry of the other account. It seemed weird but either way i erased all QuickTime files and then had to reboot.

Later on, i run my Registry Cleaner application and once i scanned all files, i opted for Registry Defragmentation.

After that i downloaded and installed the QuickTime application and surprise surprise ... it works just fine now

Thank you for you time