Thread: Winrar running slow in windows 7 compared to Windows XP

Winrar running slow in windows 7 compared to Windows XP

I am having two Dell and Compaq desktop computers; one of them is running with windows 7 OS and the other one is running with windows XP. The machine was running fine, but suddenly I encountered with a problem that my windows 7 compatible laptop was running very slow whenever I tried to execute any, among all of them I recently encounter when I run the winrar application, it runs but take lot time to open the application window, though I am suing same winrar version into my other PC, there it runs fine. What should id o now? Is the problem in my application or in some issue in my machine? Any suggestion will be appreciated greatly.

Re: Winrar running slow in windows 7 compared to Windows XP

The problem might be occurring for the winrar application, for that is suggest you to try once to remove the program and along with this also remove windows collaborating files from registry editor. Now check whether your system other performance level are getting slow or not. If then also happening same thing, then it is clear that the problem is not with the application. Go for any other resource.

The problem might also be occurring for any other application which is installed and running in the background of your system. To ensure about this, I suggest you to ping into the process tab under task manager and from ether look for the process which was closed but the instance of that program is running over there. Along with this also make sure, there is no process is taking maximum CPU usage. I was also facing similar issue, after that I searched everywhere for the solution but did not found any solution about this, then one of my friend informed me that for these type of causes the problem may occur. Go through this I hope it will somehow help you to overcome from the problem.

According to the system slow running problem that you mentioned in your post, I think this can be occurring for any hardware device, for that enter into the device manager and from there look for the status of every hardware device, whether these are working fine o not. As per my knowledge, I suggest you to update the major hardware drivers, if you found they are out dated or not responding properly in your system.