Thread: Embedded WMV file is not firing the PlayState Event

Embedded WMV file is not firing the PlayState Event

I have a wmv file embedded in a html page that i am developing currently . well i was wanting that the particular wmv file should generate a event that must be fired as soon as it stops playing the event is that the focus should move to the topmost song which is there on the top of the list. Well that did not exactly happen. Well what happened was when the file got closed it got stuck there and did not fire any event there. So can you help me in finding the exact source of the problem. Your suggestion would be really very helpful. So do help me solve my queries.

Re: Embedded WMV file is not firing the PlayState Event

I think so the solution depends on the type of the coding that you have fired. I would advise you to construct some events and accordingly embed it and fire it in the wmv file command. Do try using this option. Now i will not be able to have a complete look at your problem because you have not specified the coding for your HTML page. So do try working with the method that i have suggested you right now and do some changes in the coding part. Do get back to me if any solution works for you.

I would advise you to get a detailed coding page pasted here. Then only we will be able to give any inputs here. some suggestions that i would like to give you is that the time duration of the particular file that you are trying to play. Check the default time duration that you have set for the playing of the file. The default time duration should be very less and hence it must be adjusted properly. However i would also advise to have a look at the different websites for the different solutions there you might get some idea. So do have a look at them and get the desired solution.

Hey thanks a lot for all the suggestions that you have given.well i have managed to solve my problem. Well the problems was with the coding and i have manged to solve my error. Well there was some problem with the events that i had fired in. The start up time i had kept for the particular file was around 20 minutes. So during the playback the song that is getting played used to get paused at that particular moment. Anyways thanks for all the efforts that you have put in to solve my issue.