Thread: Sharepoint Error on the Content Query Web Part: "Could not load XSL file"

Sharepoint Error on the Content Query Web Part: "Could not load XSL file"

I noticed during my various sailing sites MOSS Content Query Webpart that was potentially very useful to retrieve dynamic content from a query, and format it using XSL. I decided to launch me with a small model to see how far we can go in this customization ... After creating a MOSS site collection, I try to add and operate the Content Query webpart (also known as the Content Query Web Part, or CQWP). (Environment: 1 GB MOSS server with a server to SQL2005 the repository. Login with the administrator of the site collection.) webpart is not available in the list webpart. I tried add the site via the admin page 'Web Part Gallery', selecting 'New', then selecting 'ContentByQueryWebPart' then 'complete gallery'. Then, add the webpart on our ASPX page: you go into edit mode, add a webpart 'then adding' ContentByQueryWebPart 'on our page.

Second problem is webpart is imported on the page, but displays the following message, And in order to solve this issue by "modify the webpart shared" by the context menu of the webpart, it then another error message as mentioned in the Title.

Re: Sharepoint Error on the Content Query Web Part: "Could not load XSL file"

Today I met with this error, printed from a Content Query Web Part type:

"Unable to display this Web Part. To troubleshoot the problem, open this Web page in Windows SharePoint Services-compatible HTML editor Such as Microsoft Office SharePoint Designer. If the problem persists, contact your Web server administrator". Enabling the display detailed error and stack trace (as explained here ) you get to see the following exception:

Exception Details:
    Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.WebPartPageUserException: Could not load XSL file. The system can not find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)

Using Reflector, I arrive to see that the path of this file is not found xsl that is set by the properties of the class ItemXslLink CmsDataFormWebPart. This property takes one of default xsl file in the document library "Style Library". This library, which contains files of all types, is created within the web root by the Publishing feature of MOSS 2007. In my case, the error was triggered precisely by the absence of such a document library. To restore the library "Style Library" section, just distributive the publishing feature of the site in question and bring it back.

Solution: Enable a feature responsible for the publication of the library of style sheets ... Under "Site Settings", click on the link "Features of the site collection", then enable the 'Infrastructure Office SharePoint Server Publishing "at the bottom of the page, which in my case, was disabled by default. (In U.S. version, this feature is called "Office SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure"). This allows to set the style library (accessible via the URL http:// / Sites / Style Library / ), where the webpart will draw its XSL stylesheet.

At this point, if we return to our homepage on the web part which is in error, that it now shows nothing (white), but more error. It is then possible to click on "edit shared webpart" and thus alter the properties of the webpart. It is normally possible to change the style sheet used by the webpart: ItemStyle.xsl.

A change in the style sheet does not impact our ItemStyle.xsl webpart: The connection between the sheet and XSL webpart is not good. Explanation: In fact, when one has turned on the SSO (feature), a webpart "Component Content Query Web Part" (U.S. version: "Content Query Web Part") was added and enabled on the library webpart to our collection site. So this webpart to be used, not 'ContentByQueryWebPart' to benefit from the association XSL. It removes and adds the new webpart.