Thread: Ms access: Fields not taking the data properly

Ms access: Fields not taking the data properly

Hello friends I have been selected in a company that mainly requires creating a database and maintaining information and that is why most of the work is needed to be done using the MS Access. But the problem that I am currently facing is that when I try to make a new raw material through a form "add new raw material item" and when I select the vendor from "vendor" fields it saves the record but instead of vendor name it puts the vendor id that is there is some fluctuation in the data fields of the table, So can some one help me to know what is the problem about and what should I do to solve this problem.

Re: Ms access: Fields not taking the data properly

I think mostly this kind of problem occurs when there is some kind of error in the relationship of the fields or even the data type that you might have given to the particular fields. I would request to check the data types of your fields carefully and see if you are able to get the problem solved from there. If that doesn’t solves the problem then I would suggest that you should check out the relationship with the entities that you are facing the problem, may be from there you might be able to get the problem solved.

Hey I would want to know that, where are you trying to view this data that is are you trying to view the report or are you trying to view that on a particular form. If you are trying to view that on a form then I think that you might have done some mistake in the query that you have used to collect all the data that display on the form. Check out the query properly and then see if you are able to solve the issue. Also, if you are trying to view the data on a report then I think that there could be a problem with the fields that you have selected to view the data on a report. Make sure that you first correct all these basic mistakes.

I am also facing some problem with the MS Access recently as when I am trying to create an invoice I do It successfully , but after creating it when I try to print it, I don’t get the printing to be done in a manner that I would want .So I would want that to be printed in the same format that I have but the print command prints the invoice is some other way as it wants, so how can I be able to overcome this difficulty that I have been facing. Please give quick suggestion as I would want to get the work to completed early so as give it for submission.