Thread: Cannot find Safety Button on Internet Explorer 8

Cannot find Safety Button on Internet Explorer 8

I have recently upgraded the Internet Explorer to 8 on my machine and since I have updated its version, I am not able to find out the Safety Button on this new version. I want to start the private browsing on this machine but as I am not able to find out the safety button, it is not possible for me to start browsing in private.

Re: Cannot find Safety Button on Internet Explorer 8

I guess there might be some problem happened while installing an Internet Explorer 8 on your machine. You might not have opted for such features I guess, I suggest you to reinstall the whole software again on your machine and then check that it shows an option for private browsing or not. If not then there is something wrong with the setting that you may have to tweak up with.

Before putting efforts to reinstall the whole software on your machine, I suggest you to try for using the shortcut for starting the private browsing on an Internet Explorer which may works on your IE 8. You need to press the CTRL + SHIFT + P which is a shortcut to start the private browsing in a new window. So you may check that it works or not, If it does not then there something really wrong with your browser as it should be at least recognizing the shortcut keys for such functions. Check that CTRL+T opens the new tab or not.

I would like to inform you that the position of the Safety Button have got changed in an Internet Explorer 8. You have to check it in the Command Bar where you can find out the Safety Button and if still if there is nothing such button then you should right click on the Command Bar and then click on the Customize and then Add or Remove Commands. Here you have to choose for Add the Safety button to the Command bar. Now restart the browser and check that it shows the Safety Button or not.