Thread: Internet Explorer 9 Beta installer - Online only setup was unable to download the neutral package.

Internet Explorer 9 Beta installer - Online only setup was unable to download the neutral package.

I was trying to install an Internet Explorer on my Windows Vista machine online but each time it gets stuck after completing the 15% of installation process. Can somebody tell me what is happening here and how can I complete the whole installation process. I am getting an error as "Online only setup was unable to download the neutral package." Does anybody familiar with any such error?

Re: Internet Explorer 9 Beta installer - Online only setup was unable to download the neutral package.

Installing any software online is always a risky thing to do as it might get disconnected anytime in between an installation. I have seen such problems many time when I try to install any program directly from an online source. I suggest you to check that your internet connection is responding continuously or not. As if there would be cut off for even a couple of seconds then your installation hags up and it might have stopped at crucial step which does not let continue the process even after your internet gets recovered.

Re: Internet Explorer 9 Beta installer - Online only setup was unable to download the neutral package.

Possibly seems to be an issue from the source itself through which you are trying to install the Internet Explorer 9 Beta. It happens sometime that the installation file on an internet gets corrupted while uploading it. I suggest you to use some other source to install the same program on your windows machine. Error itself says that there is a problem while installing the neutral package that might have got corrupted from the whole package.

While installation of an Internet Explorer 9 Beta, Some programs that you need to install first to make an Internet Explorer 9 Beta installed automatically. If you have trouble installing the necessary software programs and components have bugs, suggests, the Internet Explorer 9 Beta installation failed. In this case, you must install the products described in the following sections, required software and components manually.

• Windows graphics, imaging and XPS Library
    • Platform Update for Windows Vista Beta Supplement

May be your windows firewall would be stopping this program to get installed on your machine. Actually it could be some other firewall as well regarding some security program installed on your machine. I suggest you to disable all the firewalls on your machine temporarily and then try installing it. But make sure that you don’t visit any other website while your machine is not secured by any firewall.