Thread: Internet Explorer 8 crashes while accessing a PDF link

Internet Explorer 8 crashes while accessing a PDF link

I have just installed an Adobe Reader 9.1.3 update on my Windows Vista machine. I am using an Internet Explorer 8 as a default browser on this machine. I am having an issue with regarding this browser itself as whenever I search for PDFs on an internet and as soon as I click on a link then IE 8 directly gets with an error as " a problem caused Internet Explorer to stop". What could be the problem over here and how can I solve it?

Re: Internet Explorer 8 crashes while accessing a PDF link

It seems like since you have updated the version of an Adobe Reader on your windows machine, Some problem has been started with an Internet Explorer 8. I suggest you to uninstall an adobe temporarily to confirm about this problem as if your browser does not show any problem after uninstalling an adobe then it means that there is some kind of incompatibility issue with the Adobe Updates and Internet Explorer 8. You may have to wait for some kind of patch or it would be even better to install an older adobe reader for some time.

May be something have gone wrong while updating the Adobe Reader on your windows system due to which your IE 8 has started showing problem. Most probably reinstalling the Adobe Reader will solve your problem but still if does not solves it then you must try even reinstalling an Internet Explorer. There seems to be something bug in Adobe's Updates.

Even I was having the similar kind of problem on my windows system when there was a McAfee SiteAdvisor addon installed on my Internet Explorer 8. If you have any such add on installed on your IE 8 then please check that are they interfering in between this causing such crashing with an IE8 ? In my case it was McAfee, So I got into Tools->Managed Add-ons and then disabled this add on since then I have never faced any problem regarding crashing an Internet Explorer 8.

It might not be anything regarding the adobe updates or with the add on. There might be some virus on your machine due to which your internet explorer is crashing. I suggest you to scan your whole computer system by using any good antivirus software and then remove all the viruses out of it. Then reinstall an IE 8 and then check that it get crashed or not.