Thread: Unable to load file more then 30mb on Sharepoint

Unable to load file more then 30mb on Sharepoint

I am running a Windows Server 2008 and on this machine I have installed a SharePoint Services 3.0 and I am trying to upload some files using this sharepoint but the problem is it is not letting me upload the file that are larger then 30 Mb. Can somebody tell me that what is the problem over here and how can I get rid of it.

Re: Unable to load file more then 30mb on Sharepoint

If you use Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 or MOSS 2007 on Windows Server 2008 machine (with IIS 7 of course) then you have it impossible to load into your document library, file size of about 30 MB. Yet the maximum limit set by default upload is 50 mb you say .. and you also have right! But this is a configuration error is known, full KB article. The symptoms to detect this behavior are as follows:

• When trying to load a single file within a document library via an interface, you will be redirected on page 404.
    • When trying to upload multiple files through the page to load multiple, initially the operation seems to go fine, but then you realize that will not load any files.
    • When you try to insert a single file through the explorer view of a document library, the operating system will be a mistake of writing.

Basically, this involves modifying the web.config file of your web application and add at the bottom of the section:

Code:
      <System.webServer>

<Security>

<RequestFiltering>

<RequestLimits maxAllowedContentLength = "52428800" />

</ RequestFiltering>

</ Security>

</ System.webServer>

If you prefer, raise the threshold up to upload your SharePoint web application, as well as change the settings within the Central Administration.

In response to a restore a site collection, or one or more sites using SharePoint 2007 backup and restore utilities present within the Central Administration or through the STSADM utility, or use the Content Migration API to perform moves and various operations, I have cam across the following error:

FatalError: The file can not be imported ITS Because parent web [Parent Web URL] does not exist.

In fact, in my case the wording of the error was not a turn .. the parent site of the site I was looking to move there. That's because I'm moving the site to another site hierarchy, other than that of departure, and said in all sincerity, I feel more normal operation of the world. There for them then, I try to create a blank site with the same name as the parent site in question .. and moving that single site is successful. Nevertheless, I find the same error on all other sites, which scares me a lot .. because I could not think of having to recreate the same structure I had in the collection site starting to make my restore .. would be really crazy!

Fortunately, accessing remote desktop to the server with which the user running the SharePoint Application Pool and retry the operation to restore everything went fine, without me having to create any empty site or something. Without running the operation to restore service through the use of SharePoint, I was always encounter the error in question, even though I was admin of the machine, the farm and know what the hell!