Thread: How to remotely access iTunes library

How to remotely access iTunes library

I have concerning 160 GB at home, on my Windows computer. I utilize an Airport Extreme router. Is there any way for me to handle this library remotely on my Macbook Air so that I don't have to have all the music messing up this poor slight SSD hard drive? Please someone help me in this case. If anyone have any information regarding this issue or any useful detail information for this then please must reply.

Re: How to remotely access iTunes library

1. Get an exterior hard drive. I just purchased 500 GB 2.5" hard drive for my Macbook Air, extremely small.
    2. Twist the computer into an FTP server. Don't know how to perform it but I am certain others can assist you. May not be initiative for music though.
    3. Utilize Spotify
    4. Encode the music to lesser bit rate = fit additional music per GB
    5. Acquire iPod Classic for music

I was thoughts regarding extended distance access, not in the similar network if that makes dissimilarity. You could only facilitate file sharing and utilize that.

I would suggest some programs:
    1. Slink: Permits you to access your home Mac-based network and its resources anyplace athwart the internet.
    2. Bonjour Mounter: A good add-on to OS X which mechanically mounts Bonjour shares whenever they are obtainable to do so.

But, since you have a Windows box, I would recommend shifting the iTunes library to an exterior USB drive which you can connect straight to the Airport Extreme. If you put it up correctly in the Airport function, you can access the drive remotely and thus have access to all your files as wanted. And you can spot your Windows iTunes to tip to the library on the router.

I do sprint a Mac mini Server at home exclusively as a media file server and Slink allow me access each of my files while away from home. Especial while on the go with my 64 GB Macbook Air, makes me think of as well selling the 17" MBP that is gathering dust since the influx of the Macbook Air. Having all the time been a "full-spec" person and really spoken not at all maxed out the potential of my equipment this time determined to went the other road: decrease to the Max! Truly excavating into abridging my computer life and Slink did an immense work on this up to now. I sold my Mac Pro that I utilized at the office and as well the 27" iMac from at home. Even the bare model of the Macbook Air feels so influential for my requirements which it would make the 17er obsolete, will have to make up my mind the upcoming some days. I comprise a contribution to MobileMe, but maintaining my home network via Slink feels many quicker.