Thread: Internet Explorer 8 blocking the Pop up after turning off the pop up blocker

Internet Explorer 8 blocking the Pop up after turning off the pop up blocker

I am having Windows 7 x64 on my computer. Also I have recently installed Internet Explorer 8 on it. I have turned off Pop up blocker in Internet Explorer 8 but still it is blocking some pop-up. I really needed to view all the pop ups. Anyone having any idea regarding this issue please reply me as soon as possible. Your response will be highly appreciated. I am waiting for your prompt reply. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Internet Explorer 8 blocking the Pop up after turning off the pop up blocker

Well looking at the situation which you have mentioned on your post. I recommend that you should try to reset security to the Default level. Now question is how to do the same? Well you have to perform following steps.
    • First of all you have to launch Internet Explorer.
    • Now click on Tools and go for Internet Option.
    • Now choose Security and simply click on ‘Reset all zones to default level’
    • Now you have to click on Privacy tab. Now you have to verify that turn on pop up blocker check box is checked or not. If it checked then simply uncheck it.
    Even you are able to add favorite and trusted sites by simply clicking on Sites and adding the name of the Website of the same.

Re: Internet Explorer 8 blocking the Pop up after turning off the pop up blocker

I was having the same problem and I am going to post a temporary solution below. I am hoping that it will help you out to solve the matter of yours. Well you have to press and hold the Control key from the keyboard whenever you feel that a pop up might occur on the display. It will redirect to a new window however you will be able to override the pop up blocker. Well I let you know that this particular solution is working on all type of pop up blocker.

I am suggesting following steps which might be helpful to solve the matter.
    • Well you have to launch Internet Explorer on your computer. Now click on Tools and go to Internet Option.
    • Now you have to click on Security tab and click on Custom level. You will find enable level list appears on the screen. You have to scroll down in order to find enable pop up disable check box. Verify that it is disabled.
    • Now click on Reset.
    Now see that it fixes your issue or not.

Well in this particular situation I want to know whether you have installed Google Toolbar on your Internet Explorer. If your answer is no then I recommend you that you should download the Google Toolbar and install the same on your computer. Once you have installed simply click on Google Toolbar Options and uncheck Popup Blocker from it. I am hoping that Google Toolbar will help you to solve this particular problem.