Thread: Remove cookies from the Internet Explorer 8

Remove cookies from the Internet Explorer 8

Well i don't know how to solve the problem of mine. Well I have recently upgraded with Internet Explorer 8. As far as Operating system is concern I am using Windows 7 on my computer. Well i want to know how one can view all the Cookies and delete the desired cookie for the same. Well i have seen that Internet Explorer 8 is having option to delete all the cookies. Anyone having idea to delete cookies individually from the computer please post here as soon as possible.Your replies would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Remove cookies from the Internet Explorer 8

Well looking at the situation I am providing following steps which you can use to delete cookies manually from your Internet Explorer 8.
    • First of all you have close the Internet Explorer if it is already open. Also you have to close instance of the Windows explorer if it is opened.
    • Well you have to click on Start button and enter CMD on Start Searchbox and simply press Enter from the keyboard. Now enter inetcpl.cpl on it and press enter.
    • A new window will pop up on the screen where you have to click on General tab.
    • Now go to Internet Properties and click on Browsing History now go to Delete.
    • A new window will display on the screen which is stated as Delete Browsing History Now you have to click on clear all leaving the Cookies check box. Now simply click on Delete.

I have done the same steps which is mentioned in the previous post but I know something more to which is I am going to post here. Well I am providing following steps which will help you to confirm that the Cookies are deleted or not.
    • You have to close Internet Explorer if it is already opened also close the Windows explorer.
    • Now click on Start button and enter CMD on the Start Searchbox. Now you have to enter inetcpl.cpl and press enter.
    • You have to choose General from Internet Properties dialog box.
    • Now click on Settings from the Browsing History.
    • You have to click on View Files from Temporary Internet Files and History Settings dialog box. It will launch the folder where all the Cookie files are being stored. You have to see that there is no .txt file in that particular folder.

I have deleted the cookies files from the Windows XP by using following trick I am hoping that it helps you to solve the matter of yours.
    • Well you have to launch My Computer on your system and go to Tools.
    • Now click on Folder Options from the Tools menu.
    • Now simply click on View Tab and select the option provided as Show hidden files and folders Now click on OK.
    • Now you have to navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\ now launch the folder which is named with your user name and see the title which is having name Cookie. Enter in to folder and delete the desired one.
    Let me know if you are having any query regarding issue.

Well cookies might contain the information regarding login information or customized Web page. Hence you might be needed cookies either save or export. So I recommend that you should use Import/Export Wizard of the Internet Explorer in order to export your cookies. Well so try the same before you delete the cookies from the same. Thanks a lot for reading the post of mine.