Thread: USB ports won't work in Window 7

USB ports won't work in Window 7

I’ve recently bought a new acer aspire one D150-1189 laptop with windows 7 built 7100. I’m trying to format my hard disk, but some problem is occurring while formatting. One of my friend has suggested me to download a diagnostic software from manufacturer r website. I’ve downloaded that software from another website and installed in my system, after installing when I restarted my system to run a new program, none of my usb port works. My all the input device are usb, including mouse, keyboard. Also my system won’t work in safe mode with command prompt. I don’t understand what to do, how to resolve this issue. Please give your opinion on this, please suggest some tips to resolve this issue. Your any help will appreciated.

Re: USB ports won't work in Window 7

You can do few things to resolve your issue, first remove all the USB input from your system i.e.. mouse, keyboard. After removing it, connect all the inputs again and see that it’s working or not. If this does’nt work, then remove your keyboard from the usb drive and connect another keyboard to serial port and uninstall that software which you have installed for formatting, if this does’nt work then try to update your windows 7 driver. Sometime this problem also happen when your drivers are not updated. You can update your system online by visiting to a official website of your system. after updating check your USB inputs if it works then good, if not then you have to contact a software techie to fix this issue or you can also search on internet on this.

I think this problem is happening because of that software which you have downloaded. Remember, never download any software without proper knowledge. I think you have you have downloaded some other software, you should always download a software from the official website of your manufacturer. Are you sure your friend have enough knowledge to guide you ?. always ask such question to a techie or search on google. Well, now forget all things which you have done. I think this problem can resolve by updating your windows 7 driver. You should update your windows 7 driver and after updating check that you are still getting that problem or not. If you still get that problem then you can contact to a techie to resolve your issue.

If your system is don’t work in safe mode, then I think you should open your command prompt in repair mode. In repair mode it support a USB devices. You have to set your BIOS setup to use dvd drive as its primary boot device. You have to follow below given steps to do this:
    • Boot your system with windows 7 repair cd
    • Press any key from the keyboard if prompted to boot from cd
    • You have to set your BIOS so that it boot from the dvd drive as your primary boot device.
    • select repair when prompted and select the keyboard language when prompted
    • when it prompts, you have to select a command prompt

after trying this steps check your system usb port, it should work with this steps, if this does’nt work then you should contact to a techie to resolve this issue.

I think your windows 7 system is not recognizing this hardware because it’s configuration information in the registry is damaged or incomplete or it may be a driver problem. you should try to update your driver. Sometime this problem occur when your driver is not update. I think once you’ll update your driver then your problem will be solved. If your problem is not resolved, then uninstall that software which you have downloaded from the internet. I think you have downloaded that software from an unauthorized website and therefore you’re getting this problem. if this does’nt work for you, then you should go to a techie to resolve this issue.