Thread: IE8 keeps losing my Facebook Login, yahoo login, other form informations

IE8 keeps losing my Facebook Login, yahoo login, other form informations

I have Windows 7 ultimate x64 and i use internet explorer 8 as my primary web browser. I save my password for all accounts when IE8 prompts me if i want to save it or not. Everytime and on every website i let it save my passwords and let it save my auto complete form informations. But each time i reboot my machine those stuffs are erased. How do i troubleshoot this problem? Can anyone shed some light on this issue? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: IE8 keeps losing my Facebook Login, yahoo login, other form informations

Have set IE8 to delete cookies, temporary internet files and passwords when internet explorer 8 exits? If yes then all the temporary internet files and cookies will be deleted along with the password saved. For IE to remember your cookies, internet temporary files and passwords you will have to set Auto Complete to enable. Also, if you don't have session cookies enabled, if a website has dynamic content that require passwords, then on such pages you will have to keep entering your password user name. You can enable session cookies, for doing that click on Tools > Internet Options and then click on the Privacy tab, then click on Advanced button. Check the Overide automatic cookie handling, then check Allow Session Cookies. Reply if this works.

I had this type of problem a long time back. As far as i remember i solved it by the following method :
    • Tools
    • Internet Options
    • General
    • Browsing History
    • Uncheck Delete Browsing History on Exit

Restart the browser and it would save all the passwords and auto complete information.

I have a similar problem. I enabled session cookies but that too didn't help. I also have this problem that IE8 will close randomly close with some error that says IE8 has stopped working. What does that mean? After this error when i restart IE9 all my logins are gone. If the IE8 has stopped working error doesn't show up, then i dont loose my login passwords. Any suggestions on what i shoukld do? If someone has a fix to this problem, do let us know.