Thread: Video saving issue

Video saving issue

Um hello im sort of new to this joining a tech forum but i really need help. I have a compaq presario operating windows 7 and my issue is that i receieved an email with a video attached. I was unable to play or view it because it kept routing me to use windows media player and i keep receiving the error message.... "Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file. So i simply tried switching the default program to play my video with to a VLC media player but it still won't play im assuming because it still recognizes the video as a HTM file. I also tried switching how i try to save the file but it does not give me any other option. Any suggestions?

Re: Video saving issue

Well, as per my knowledge whenever we get any file (no matter whichever file) attached with the mail, we do get the first option for downloading the attachment. Which Mail client are you using ? If you are using an POP service than better go to original mail client and download/save from there. Once you are able to save the file, just change its extension to something mp4 or avi and then try to play it in VLC Player. It should work.