Thread: Nero 9 problems with windows 7 Enterprise 32bit

Nero 9 problems with windows 7 Enterprise 32bit

I am having a desktop having Windows 7 as the operating system. Recently I installed the latest version of the Nero 9. Now the file manager of the program is not opening. It gets hangs sometimes or sometimes it pops up the message saying "Not responding". On Windows 7, has anyone encountered such problem. Please help me you all here. Thanks in advanced.

Re: Nero 9 problems with windows 7 Enterprise 32bit

Skylar, can you please tell me what is the file manager that you just mentioned in your earlier post, also can you please tell me how do you start the Nero application? The reason behind this question is that many of the Nero users start Nero using Nero StartSmart. I would also suggest you to once try the uninstall/reinstall procedure. Please reply in the next post soon.

I am not having Windows 7 32bit but have Windows 7 64bit, but am having the 9 installed on the system. Whenever a new project is started with Nero 9, it displays a file browser on the right side with two windows. The left one is the folder structure while the right one shows the drives. The problem is when I click on one of the drives directly Nero freezes. If clicked the "+" sign to the left of the drive in folder view windows, the drive opens and everything works fine in there with all folders. Can somebody help me in this matter.
    Last edited by Karnik; 29-08-2010 at 04:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Karnik View Post
    I am not having Windows 7 32bit but have Windows 7 64bit, but am having the 9 installed on the system. Whenever a new project is started with Nero 9, it displays a file browser on the right side with two windows. The left one is the folder structure while the right one shows the drives. The problem is when I click on one of the drives directly Nero freezes. If clicked the "+" sign to the left of the drive in folder view windows, the drive opens and everything works fine in there with all folders. Can somebody help me in this matter.
    I have Windows Vista installed in my PC, I have tried both the versions of Nero viz. V9 and V10. For the V9 it did nit suffered much and in the case of the V10 there were some cases of freeze but not the one that you just mentioned. Well for sure I can not help you much in your matter but will sure respond soon to your matter by consulting my colleagues.

Ciao
    I tested more versions of Nero, and surprisingly the only one that I found it works on Win7 is a free Nero 9.
    I put the download link,hoping that others will not have to struggle as much as I did to find a functional version of Nero on Win7.