Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2011

Compatible dvd decoder for Windows XP pro

My friend has just recently bought a used computer. It has Windows XP pro in it. He is unable to play DVD on Windows Media Player. I want some help to run this dvd disc. When I try to do that I am getting a error Windows Media Player not be able to play this DVD. I cannot move ahead. Is there a good tool available that I can use on my pc to run this dvd files.
Old 02-02-2011

re: Compatible dvd decoder for Windows XP pro

The best thing you can do is install VLC on your system. This is one of the best media player in the market. It provide you full settings and option to run dvd files. It run almost all kind of video format and has no issue with performance also. I am using this from long time and has no issue with it. Just download and install it. This is a free software.
Old 03-02-2011

It is possible to still use your Media Player for playing those DVD files. For that you have to install K-Lite Codec pack in your system. You can download and install this from web. It is free. Just install this in your pc and at the end of setup it will ask you to link the default media player. That's it. The codec pack will be able to run all kind video files in media player itself. You do not really need any third party software here.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,