Thread: Microsoft Outlook : Internal support function returned an error

Microsoft Outlook : Internal support function returned an error

I am facing really strange problem in my Microsoft Outlook 2007. Well I have installed Windows 7 on my computer. Whenever I try to send mail to group distribution list it prompts me with the error message. The error message which can be stated as ‘internal support function returned an error’. It does not provide me any option or explanation for the same. Anyone having technical aspect of the problem please reply with the same. Anyone having the solution for the same please reply. I am waiting for your prompt reply. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Microsoft Outlook : Internal support function returned an error

Well looking at the solution I doubt that Distribution group which you are using is recreated. You should try to expand distribution groups into To, Cc and Bcc.You have to delete from .nk2 file which cannot be expand. You have to display the name on To, Cc and Bcc and now you have to set focus and when name appears you have to simply press Del from the keyboard to delete. Now again you have to enter display name for the same distribution group and now click on Check Names.

I was having the same problem which you have mentioned on your post. Well in my situation I have deleted duplicates accounts from the Outlook and recreated distribution lists for the same. Previously I was having 600 email contacts in distribution list but currently I am having 150 contacts in each of the distribution group. Now I am not having any problem till now. So I am suggesting you that you should see in your system and see helps you or not.

I have found that this is universal problem as far as Microsoft Outlook is concerned. I have found that this problem usually occurs when user is not having any Read permissions for the particular contact folder. Well to solve the issue its very simple you have to grant read permission for user who using contact folder. I am hoping that you will solve the issue by using my instruction. Wish you all the best.