Thread: Need to append a sequential number to a date field in access

Need to append a sequential number to a date field in access

I am planning to add a sequential number to a date field in an Access form. The format which I am using for it is PR 1 Feb XX, the PR is fixed, the present date as well as the XX is my sequential number I would like to add. Is there a means, to perform this at what time the date is entered? And I will require the sequential number on the way to reset to 01 by means of a new day.I am new to this, any assist would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Need to append a sequential number to a date field in access

As per my knowledge this will requires a Query to get the most recent Number for the present Date (if it returns no records then it resets to 01) and several VBA code which you be able to supply for the After Update event of the Date field. Can you tell me how do you presently fill the field? If it is just the present date being entered, it can all be done by means of the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA).

Thank you for your suggestion. A date is inserted in the form furthermore from there I would like to add the PR before the date as well as the sequential number at the back of the date. Does that make logic? Do I require saving my date field in a query by itself? Sorry for the misunderstanding, but type of understand require more help. Thanks so much for your concentration to this, be thankful for!

If you are not making any older version of operating system, after that its database does support IDENTITY numeric fields. A slight different from AutoNumber however the performance is alike adequate for what you would like. That you will be able (permitted) to modify the access table first has to be strong-minded. Programs on the access which make use of that table will (in the majority cases) require to be recompiled if the table is changed. It is usually a much superior deal to modify table designs in an Access environment than in other server database systems.

Want I want is that: Sheet 1, column C register all the bowl games that are played in this year. Sheet 1, columns D as well as M are the discussion from which the players are members of that are playing in the bowl games scheduled inside Column C. Sheet 2, register every conference in Column A. I had like to have method if there is single which I may make use to pull each and every one of the bowl games which have teams from cell A-5, as well as have them scheduled in cells B5,B6,B7, and so on. After that I may make use of this method for the remaining of the conferences listed in column A.