Thread: Grouping dates in Access by date components

Grouping dates in Access by date components

Is it probable to have a comment field in a form with the intention that whne a comment is made an after update process will place in the username as well as date on the front end of the comment? Somewhat similar to "username, 1/16/11: followed by Comment" When new comments are made after that it will be added plus a new username as well as date will be added in order that all the comments will be tracked all along with username and date?That means if several managers compose a comment it will indicate who made them as well as not now whoever did the last comment as I have it now.My field name is Manager_Comment. Thanks in advance for any suggestion.

Re: Grouping dates in Access by date components

I am certain you be familiar with that this is probable, the majority things are by means of Visual Basic for Applications (VBA). I will recommend a CmtInput Field, wherever the AfterUpdate event process states.
    me.Manager_Comments = Date() & " - " & me.CmtInput & vbNewLine & Manager_Comments
    You be able to add in the user, however I am not certain how you are recognizing them.This Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) code keeps the most modern inputs at the start of the comment.

I am currently performing this:

Private Sub Manager_Comments_AfterUpdate()
    If Not IsNull(Me.Manager_Comments) And Me.Manager_Comments <> "" Then
    Me.ManagerCmt = True
    Me.Manager_Signed = Environ("username")
    Me.Manager_Signed_Date = Now
    Else: Me.ManagerCmt = False
    Me.Manager_Signed = ""
    Me.Manager_Signed_Date = ""
    End If
    Me.Refresh
    End Sub

However it occurred to me that I can remove my "Comment By" as well as "CommentDate" fields if I be able to just obtain the username as well as date to fill right within the comment. With the present code as well I have it in order that the username and date = " " when the comment is removed, this will no longer be necessary If the username plus date is populated within the comment.

The comment check boxes are there for the reason that my boss desires to be capable to see at the review form, formNList and observe if comments have been made furthermore by what section. It formulates the radio buttons true or else false on formNFList. In the beginning I attempted to perform this by making labels visible otherwise not, however because they were not bound to the record it did not work as a result I came up by this scheme. Possibly there is a better technique?

Here is my problem. In a table by means of an Auto Number key several records have been removed. I have been able on the way to remake them all along through their original auto number. The trouble is that I do not be familiar with how to add these records forcing the unique auto number. I have attempted altering the auto number field to a number field inside the table, these functions apart from I cannot alter it reverse to auto number. I am certain I am not the first by means of this query or problem. I did search all the way through a couple hundred entries regarding auto number previous to I posted this query.