Thread: Want to play a video from a specific duration to other in VLC

Want to play a video from a specific duration to other in VLC

I am having a windows 7 based system and using the same from last few months and the thing here is that I have also installed the VLC media player on it to deal with all kinds of media files on the system .I have video file which I want to play from a specific duration to other I mean to say that the actual duration of the video is 2 min 33 seconds and I want to play the video from the time 0:30 sec to 1:23. So is it possible for me to do this thing. If yes then please let me know how I can do the same. Please help me out of this case as soon as possible because I am really in need to this one.

Re: Want to play a video from a specific duration to other in VLC

Well I am also using the VLC media player from last few months and I have never noticed any such things with it. In fact I have tried to achieve the same task but failed indeed and I guess you also not find any such option to select the particular time location and then play the video to the specific time period. I guess you will need to install any third party application or any other media player to do the same activity I hope that this will help you a lot.

I have gone through the problem that you are facing and it seems to me that I can help you in this case and you can easily achieve the same task with the VLC media player that you are using. Now what you have to do here is that just set the start time that is x and the stop time that is y and then save the video keeping the original one in existence. Let’s say that you want to set the starting time to 0:30 sec and the time to stop will be then 1:23 seconds. And you can do this entire thing on the VLC player itself and that too with the option available called as record.

As said by you that you have to stream the video from a specific time location to other one then it is possible to do with the latest VLC player and I guess you must be having the older version. So you have to check which version of media player you are using and then you have to just update the version if it is the slightly older one and if the update is not available then you have to uninstall the media player that you are using and then install the latest and the advanced VLCX player. I am sure that this will help you to do the thing that you want to do with the video.

I want you to install the MAGIX Movie Edit Pro and it will be help full to edit the video.MAGIX Movie Edit Pro is a powerful video editing software, allowing you to capture, create movies, burn CDs or DVDs with ease. You can copy, cut, save videos DVD, Blu-ray or HD, create your own DVD movies or Flash video, add various effects or music in the background. You can also add different elements (drawings, bubbles, text, 3D objects .) adjust the volume, personalized menus, and transfer all your achievements video on a mobile device (iPod, PSP, mobile phone )