Thread: Windows media player broken numerous times in windows 7

Windows media player broken numerous times in windows 7

I recently installed windows 7 Ultimate x64 in my Toshiba Tecra A11 laptop, which is running fine with NVIDIA GEForce graphics card and Intel dual core processor, along with its features and functions of my laptop. I basically use this machine for internet access for both my official work and some of the personal works, like to watch movies and to play some of the high definition games. There is problem with my windows media player, which I recently installed with WMP 12 version. Whenever I tried to open the media player, it requires to download the latest version and not starts. But when I click on OK to download the latest version, it shows that there no update version for this media player. What this happening, is there anyone having any idea on this kind of problem?

Re: Windows media player broken numerous times in windows 7

I think by one process the problem can be solved, for this you need to reload the media player. First of all remove the existing version, along with this also remove the other windows collaborating file, those are stored into the hard drive. Now start the fresh installation of the same windows media player version, I was also facing similar issue with the windows media player, after by the suggestion of one of my friend I did this, and by this the problem is solved. Go through this, it will surely help you.

According to me, the problem is occurring for any missing or corrupted windows log file, which was collaborate with the media player, when you installed that one, it had stored a file which is support with the operating system. Because I was also facing similar issue, so now to recover this problem I would like o suggest you to download the same version from the developer web site and install by replace the existing one. You may also remove the existing one before remove that one. Try with this.

One of my friend was had similar issue with the windows media player 11, after that he searched to overcome from this problem in different web sites, and from there he got a easiest solution, tried with that process and the problem is solved. So I also recommend you to go through this technique, this will also help you to overcome from the problem that you mentioned in your post. So at the beginning of the process, run sfc /scannow option, either locate this one from the start menu or run from windows command prompt. From the application window, run SFC scan. I hope by this scanning process the problem which is occurred in your machine will be detected and you will be able to resolve that one.

There is another solution which I used few weeks ago, when I was facing relevant issue, click on start menu, type and insert appwiz.cpl into the search command prompt and hit ENTER. Select the “Turn Windows features on or off” option, from the drop down list open or expand Windows Media Player tab, under that look for the feature, named as Media Features, under that uncheck WMP, restart your machine to apply the charges. Now try to open WMP, I hope this time it will surely open and play the video file. If still the problem is occurring then I recommend you to reload the operating system, because I found in some of the cases by reload the operating system this type of problem can be solved. Insert installation disk and reboot your machine, it will ask you to run the installation process, run and choose the desire drive to format that one. Now take a fresh installation. Go through this.