Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 31-01-2011

Need to track Excel cell history in separate sheets

I am making use of windows 7 professional 64 bit and Microsoft office 2007. I was manually tracking all my goals. But I am planning to develop a way to maintain history goals as well as was wondering if it is probable to track alterations of particular cells into separate sheets. If you have any idea how I can accomplish this please let me know as soon as possible. Your suggestion would be appreciated.
Old 31-01-2011

Re: Need to track Excel cell history in separate sheets

Which route do you would like to make use of? Access is extremely better controlling how the data gets entered, however needs a bit more effort setting it up. And the Excel route needs a number of VBA code (Macro) which will place the data into the additional sheets. It is not essential to perform so through Access for the reason that all the previous data goes in single table and is after that called by Queries. I will personally recommend Access, but afterward it is my favorites as well as I do the majority of the work for you, however it is up to you totally.
Old 31-01-2011

I will also recommend you to make use of Microsoft access to accomplish your work. If you are using Excel then you will have to take care of a lot of things such as the sheet names be supposed to in reality be accurately the similar as the "Acivity" for Excel to be familiar with what sheet to history sheet to update. If you are planning to manage a big data then I am sure that with excel you will find a lot of difficulties. And if you are using access then your data will be dividing into number of tables and you can easily fetch the information which you need, as well as managing you data in access is more simple and easy as compare to Excel.
Old 31-01-2011

The access edition seems more boring to me (probably my lack of knowledge by it), as a result I am leaning on the way to the excel edition. I will like make use of a previously present column as an alternative of making use of a drop down menu. For me, it is weird to need typing fields which have text in them, however not be permitted to edit them, which appears to be how Access is set up. There are probable advantages which I am completely unaware to. How do you insert activities? (I assume just to the Excel edition so you can focus). Thanks once more so much. Your assist is very much respected.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,