Thread: Convert PNC format to JPEG

Convert PNC format to JPEG

There are some image and video files on my windows 7 computer system. These file are created by the Panasonic network webcams and they create image file in PNC format and video files in ASF format. Now I want to convert these file into any common file format. I have tried to fins out the software for which can do such conversions but didn't found anything useful. Can somebody tell me that how can I covert this file into some, Any other format?

Re: Convert PNC format to JPEG

Even I have tried to search for the software that can convert the PNC files into some other format but I guess there is no software that can read PNC files as these files seems to be unique files created by the Panasonic cameras. I suggest you to check that is there any software that can read the PNC software. Converting them would be next step.

I don't know whether there is any software or not which can convert the PNC files into some other format but I have found one softwar that can read the PNC files. I suggest you to search for the "sdviewer_v201r01.exe" in the google search bar and then download this software. It is specially for reading image and video files generated by the panasonic cameras. Once these files can be opened then you can find out the way to make them save by some other format.

Thank you so much guys as I have found the perfect software that I can use to view the PNC files and even ASF files captured by the Panasonic camera. But still I am looking for the converter that can convert these files into jpg like format so that I can move these files to the phone or on any other place where it can be viewed easily by any software or any application.

Bit late ... but hopefully still helpful.

I have had the same problem for a long time. I wanted to download images from a camera inside an owl nesting box where I obviously cannot remove the camera and its SD card. I could access the PNC format but that is no use to send to anyone, post on the web, or print.

Finally I found how to download the original images in JPG format instead of PNC. This is possible with a script (eg. Vbscript) using the information in the Panasonic CGI Technical Notes manual (at http://www.jpwilson.eu/panasonic/new..._interface.pdf ). Via the CGI interface, you can read each JPG image from the buffer (and/or the SD card while still in the camera) and write it to your hard drive, then use any jpeg viewer to browse them. Doing this manually is very slow and tiresome, but a simple script can automate it. You need to allow Guest/general users access to the buffer images for the script to run successfully.
    Last edited by gdu90; 13-11-2011 at 12:29 AM.