Thread: Error code 0xC0AA0301: while creating system repair disk in windows 7

Error code 0xC0AA0301: while creating system repair disk in windows 7

I have recently installed windows 7 operating system in my computer. I am trying to learn some of its new features. Some days ago I was trying to make the system repair disk in my system it was not successful. It gave me some error while I was trying to create the system repair disk. The following was the error
    Code:
    System repair disc could not be created. The write failed because the drive returned error information that could not be recovered from. (0C0AA0301)
    Well let me tell you that all other burning of files in the cd is working perfectly. It gives problem only when I am trying to copy the files in the system repair disk. So what do you think what can be the problem here? Suggest me some solutions.

Re: Error code 0xC0AA0301: while creating system repair disk in windows 7

Well I think the appropriate solution here is that you can go with the startup repair. This software is specially designed for all the recovery options. So you can select any of the tools from the recovery options that are given and use it while you are creating the system repair disk in windows 7. Well this particular software was introduced in the vista operating system. Now it is also introduced in windows 7 system. So you can use any of the tools from the startup repair tool and use it for creating the system repair disk. Do have a look at the software in any of the Microsoft websites and install it accordingly. So I hope you have got the appropriate solution.

I think this method is not appropriate. Since I am also one of the users who are facing this problem. I am not able to get any solutions. I tried with this method and it gives me a option to create a system repair disk in the control panel but when I click on it it gives me the same error that is mentioned above In the title. I have tried burning the dvd but one of my friend has given me the solution to burn in a normal cd. So next time I will try burning with the normal CD. I will get back to you if this method works with me or not.

Well I have read a lot of this particular problem in several forums. Well what you can do is doing a system restoration. Since you have mentioned that you have recently installed windows 7 operating system so this would be a better option. However if you think this option would be very lengthy then the safe option would be to go with the repair install. The repair install in windows 7 is the safest and the best possible solution of them all. I am not saying that this will definitely give you results but what’s the harm in trying this particular solution. There might be a possibility that a simple repair will give you results. So just try with this method and let me know if it works or not.

Hey thanks for the help. This method of repairing the install did definitely gave me some good results. Now I am successfully able to create the system repair disk. It did not give me any problem while I was trying to create the system repair disk. I am very surprised by the result. Since I was not sure about this method whether it will help me or not. I just decided to give it a try and it has helped me. So thanks a lot for the suggestions it has indeed helped me a lot.