Thread: MediaId.bin corrupted: Cannot restore backup in windows

MediaId.bin corrupted: Cannot restore backup in windows

Well I am stuck with a problem here so that’s why I need your help for this solution. I needed to ask this from you all. Well what happened was few days ago I had done a backup of all the windows 7 files in order to install the new version of windows 7. Well the installation was successful but during the restoration of the files it gave me some problem. Well during the restoring the files it gave me some error which said that
    Code:
    Windows Backup encounted invalid MediaID.bin file on the drive where the backup is saved.  Restore from a different backup or delete the MediaID.bin file and try to create another backup.
    Well after reading that error I am stuck. I don’t know what to do next. I am unable to find any solutions for this particular problem. I think you will definitely help me out with this issue. I am waiting for your responses. Do reply as early as possible.

Re: MediaId.bin corrupted: Cannot restore backup in windows

Well my advice would be to search for the sdutil file in the internet. Well running this particular file will definitely help you to restore all the files. Well I cannot say that you will get all the files restored in those specific positions as they were in the original position. You can definitely get them back. The steps for running the particular file can be easily found in the internet. So try searching them you will definitely get your problem solved. Do let me know whether this particular solution helps you or not.

Well let me tell you that this particular solution of sdutil file did not help me much. I have tried running this particular file in the command prompt but that did not help me much. Well I get an access denied error for this particular method and it is failing to recover all the files. The restoration process was not successful at all. So if you have any alternate solutions or suggestions for me then do let me know as early as possible.

Well I did not find any problem during the restoration of the files. What I did was that while installing the new version of operating system I had put the same name of the old computer as that of the new computer. I also had put the name of the backup files to the same name of the new computer. This will definitely help because this will not give any contradictions while restoring the files. In your case I would advise you to rename the backup files and name it accordingly to the new computer name. This will definitely help. Just try with this suggestion and let me know if it works or not.

As of now I am currently stuck with the restoration of the files. As per the above suggestion is concerned then can you please tell how to rename the backup files. Well I am not quite updated with this particular solution. So if you have got more such solutions for my problem then do let me know. If I don’t get the appropriate solution then I will end up losing all my files. I do not want that to happen. So if you have any alternate solutions for my problem then do let me know as early as possible.