Thread: Microsoft Excel 2007 formatting

Microsoft Excel 2007 formatting

Hello friends
    Recently I got my first job in one small company. My job is to maintain all information related to transactions in spreadsheet. Recently I am using Microsoft excel 2007. Yesterday due to some reason I save my document on my friends machine with older version of excel, I noticed that I lose all formatting that I did on inside that. Is there any option available so that I prevent this situation in future? If you have any solution, please let me come to me also. Your each and every reply is important for me. Please try to get back to me as early as possible. I am waiting for your suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Re: Microsoft Excel 2007 formatting

This problem is arising due to miss-match in versions. Try to solve this problem using simple procedure. That is try to get updates for your Microsoft excel as well as for your machine. You will easily get updates for all your application from internet. Simply download them and see whether your problem is diagnosed or not. If not let me come to know first I will search another option for you, but I need some time to do research in this area. I will come back to you again as soon as I get any positive solution for you. I will also ask my friends and big brother about this one till then wait for me. If you got answer before me it is well and good. Inform me also if you got solution for it.

This happens several times with me. I did lot of research to solve this problem finally I realize that there is only one reason behind losing formatting features available in excel, that is there might be some formatting features available in Excel 2007 which never exists in earlier versions like excel 2003. Due to which when you saved your excel 2007 document in older version excel that features completely vanished on your spreadsheet. The only solution to prevent this is try to use features which are common in both older and newer versions. Also when you try to save your document from newer to older one select appropriate option from file menu. This makes your documents formatting constant in older versions also.

I face this kind of problems several times during working. After trying number of solutions finally I finish it by again installing aged files. Currently I am using 2003 version in a comp ability mode and saving them back as a 2003. If you not comfortable with this solution, I will find another one. For that I need extra time to find an alternative to this one. If you have any knowledgeable person with you, I will suggest you to take his help to get rid of this problem. If you able to find better solution other than this. Please don’t forget to inform me. It will helpful for other peoples who stuck around the same problem.

I came across this kind of problems several times during project submission. From my point of view solution for this problem is probably one that is checking the format of the file at the time of saving that document. The 2007 version of Microsoft excel provides number of option to save your document in older versions compatible format. If you make habit of saving the document in appropriate format this kind of problem never arise in future. For that you first have to sure about in which format you have to save your document. In future if I come across any advanced option, I will let you know first.