Thread: Unable to uninstall iTunes and Bonjour

Unable to uninstall iTunes and Bonjour

I have recently downloaded itunes64.exe and I tried to install it on my system. But I was surprised that the installation stops in-between and I get installation stopped error. I thought that this may be because that Quicktime and apple device support is installed. So I tried to uninstall these programs. At what time I attempted to delete Bonjour, a window appears as well as told me I required to find Bonjour64.msi so as to uninstall it. I did not make out what to do, as a result I did a system restore. I did not have one more, so I restored to at what time I uninstalled QuickTime. At this instant, I am stuck with Bonjour, do not make out how to uninstall it furthermore I am frightened to even touch it! I as well possibly have all sorts of registry errors from restoring. Your suggestion would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Re: Unable to uninstall iTunes and Bonjour

Make certain that you follow these commands in the same sequence as presented. First of all download, unzip as well as run LSPFix.exe you can easily get it on Internet furthermore remove mdsnNSP.dll from your Winsock layers. So as to perform this, Place a tick mark in front of "I know what I am doing" checkbox as well as check each and every one instances of mdsnNSP.dll (and nothing else). After that move each and every one checked files to the "Remove" windowpane plus click Finish as well as reboot. After that go to Start and in the search box type cmd.exe to open the elevated command prompt. Cmd.exe will come into sight at the top of the Menu. Now right click on it and select "Run as Administrator. Type: sc stop "Bonjour Service" and press "Enter" after each line (counting the inverted commas). After that type: sc deletes "Bonjour Service" and press enter. Type Exit to close and restart once more. You be now able to safely delete all Bonjour folders.

Thank you very much for your suggestion, As per your suggestion I have exactly followed in 5the same sequence as stated as well as manage to remove Bonjour folder which was in the program files. On the other hand, I recognize just now that I have one more Bonjour file in my usual 'Program Files' folder! It just contains two files, an "About Bonjour" shortcut as well as the dreaded mdnsNSP.dll! I also attempted to delete it; however it states that the file (.dll) is open inside "Windows Audio"! I am frightened to delete it since I believe this one is more threatening than the last.

Try this. Go to start menu and in the start search box type cmd.exe and press enter this will open an elevated command prompt and type the below command and press enter. regsvr32->u “%PROGRAMFILES%->Bonjour->mdnsNSP.dll”, after this reboot the system and make out if you are able to delete the Bonjour folder at this moment. Next, we require deleting each and every one reference to Apple/Bonjour from your registry. For this you need to download the windows Cleanup Utility and make use of it to remove the old registry files.