Thread: Qt 4.6 for Maemo 5 applications on Mac OS X

Qt 4.6 for Maemo 5 applications on Mac OS X

I require little information and few installation steps for Maemo 5 applications for my Mac OS X. is there anyone who know about this or any one have any idea about this, Any installation steps or any instruction regarding this? Previously, I observed an extremely hacky method to obtain Qt 4.6 applications constructed for Maemo 5 on Mac OS X by means of MADDE, the separate cross-collection toolkit for Maemo 5. So here require more information, if anyone has any information then please provide.

Re: Qt 4.6 for Maemo 5 applications on Mac OS X

Here in your case I add something which I know. The recently released technical preview of MADDE fixed a few problems which made Qt 4.6 development sore. As well, I have lastly establish few time to package the Mac OS X host tools necessary to construct Qt applications, so it has not at all been simpler to construct applications on top of an unbalanced (beta) Qt release on top of an unbalanced (tech-preview) tool chain.

I have a few Instructions regarding your trouble may this helps you:
    1. Setup MADDE, edition 0.6.
    2. Install fetch-qt4.6~git20100209-0maemo1.sh and perform it (e.g. with /bin/sh $HOME/Downloads/fetch-qt4.6~git20100209-0maemo1.sh). This shell script will install the Qt 4.6 2010-02-09 packages from its official site and uncompress them into your MADDE systemroot.
    3. Install qt4-maemo5.tar.gz. These are the host tools necessary to construct Qt applications. Un-compress this file to /opt (e.g. tar -C /opt -zvf $HOME/Downloads/qt4-maemo5.tar.gz)

Sprint /opt/qt4-maemo5/bin/qmake on your qmake stand project to start. Building Qt 4.6 on MADDE is not formally supported up till now. Appropriate Qt 4.6 support for the certified Maemo SDK and for MADDE will come while Qt 4.6 is endorsed from its /opt/qt4-maemo5 ghetto into /usr, that will most possibly take place with the upcoming firmware update.

It is truly great. In my personal opinion MADDE much improved then Fremantle SDK. But I am at a standstill missing the major feature on device debugging from Qt maker. Are there any plans for it? I know that maintain of MADDE in Qt-maker is untried, but debugging is obligatory, I think. I only know this much, any more information anyone has? Because how much I know about this, this is really great.

I attempt to have the whole thing in order (cross-platform Maemo 5 Qt growth with Qt maker) by the PR 1.2 release (the upcoming slight firmware update for the N900), because of be in some weeks. Qt3d at this time necessitates personal headers from Qt. You have to obtain the Qt source package, after that sprint “dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -uc -us -b”. You can copy the build one time configure ran through. The personal headers are after that in include/ dir, you have to physically CTRL+ C the directories to /opt/qt4-maemo5/include.